Author Topic: Getting Timed Out  (Read 15756 times)

prof_stack

on: September 04, 2007, 03:09:53 am
In the last week I've gotten "timed out" occasionally when pressing the Post or Preview button on the bottom.  It usually works fine after 3 or more pushes but it seems like something might be glitchy with the forum right now. 

Just a heads up.

gapl53

Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 03:21:47 am
On the login screen you can either callout the number of minutes to be logged in, or be like me and check the box to stay logged in until you logout.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:05:54 pm
I'm getting this too - each time I try to post or reply. Then if I try to logout, it gives me an error. I have to manually enter '...action=login' to get to the login page and re-login. BTW, I've tried both the minutes timeout (60) and always-logged on. It happens at home and at work.

It just happened when I hit 'Post' for this reply:

Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message

And when I tried to log out:

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. 

So I had to manually enter '...action=login' and start over.

Matt

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 02:26:19 pm
 Weird things, computes. Attach them to the internet and they get worse. I have been logged on for weeks, with no problems.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 02:46:07 pm
I hadn't heard of this problem before and I've not seen it happen myself.

Does it usually happen only during longer posts or does it occasionally happen during quick replies and posts also?
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 03:39:26 pm

Does it usually happen only during longer posts or does it occasionally happen during quick replies and posts also?

It's been happening to me consistently since last Friday (8/31). It happens the first time I try to reply or post a new topic. After I've logged back in I'm good for the rest of the session.

matt

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 04:06:12 pm

Yeah Rhett, it happened to me today, but just on one thread. I thought you had locked me out for being mouthy, but it works fine now......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 04:29:55 pm
Sorry to hear that others have had this problem, but glad to learn that it isn't just me.

Tom
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 05:05:28 pm
I just got this when I pressed "Mark as Read":

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. 

Then when I entered this reply I got:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Like before, I had to login in again.

Matt

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 04:24:56 pm
I spoke to another forum user on the phone about these issues just this morning.

I haven't been able to repeat the issue here (yet) but I think I do have a pretty good handle on the scope of what's happening. I'm going to try making some adjustments and see if I can reduce or eliminate these glitches.

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 04:30:59 pm
For the record, I've logged in once, when I joined the forum. I haven't had a validation or time-out issue at all since I joined....

Sorry others are having trouble... :-\
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 05:02:43 pm
For the record, I've logged in once, when I joined the forum. I haven't had a validation or time-out issue at all since I joined....

I haven't either. That's why this problem that's been hard for me to find, even when a good handful of people have obviously had some trouble.

I'm looking over the logs and I'll try adjusting a few things, but its a tricky one to be sure.

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 06:57:09 pm
OK, I've made some adjustments to the system to try and filter out some of those glitches. Hopefully those of you who were experiencing timeouts and other errors will see some improvement.

We're really pleased with the community so far and want to make sure its easy to participate, so please do let me know if you still have issues, and I'll keep trying to hunt them down.

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 08:56:28 pm
One thing to consider: Find out what browser the various affected and unaffected people are using. I use Firefox on Mac OSX. The browser or operating system may be what is making the difference....

(Almost to my 100 posts.... I just need to think of a couple more things to say...)
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 09:11:22 pm
One thing to consider: Find out what browser the various affected and unaffected people are using. I use Firefox on Mac OSX. The browser or operating system may be what is making the difference....

(Almost to my 100 posts.... I just need to think of a couple more things to say...)

:D You're almost there, just fluff a few more replies onto the end of existing topics.