Author Topic: Classifed Section  (Read 6212 times)

Charro

• Bulleteer
on: July 07, 2007, 03:54:35 am
How about adding a classifed section.  A place where we can advertise/sell/buy/trade  RE related and riding products.

Andy in NM
2014 Royal Enfield C5
2004 Triumph Sprint RS
2004 Triumph Speed Four
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1998 Triumph Speed Triple
1998 Triumph Daytona
2012 Ural Gear Up
"Tell me what kind of horse you want to ride. I'll tell you what kind of rider you are." (Old Mexican proverb)

deejay

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:38:03 am
How about adding a classifed section.  A place where we can advertise/sell/buy/trade  RE related and riding products.

Andy in NM

I think that would be a conflict of interest for CMW, who host this site and import the bikes/sell all the parts for them. I understand why they didn't add one.

Charro

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 05:51:08 pm
Deejay,
I see your point. On my Ural and Triumph forum they have a classifed section. We trade buy sell parts, tools, accessores, used bikes etc.. Just a place to get rid of stuff that might not have worked for you but someone else might want.  For example just sold a seat off my Bonneville, that I tried that just didit look right foe me.

There are rules for dealers to stop and watch dealer wars. But I see your point. My idea was a RE owners garage sale section. Works very well on my other forums

Andy
2014 Royal Enfield C5
2004 Triumph Sprint RS
2004 Triumph Speed Four
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1998 Triumph Speed Triple
1998 Triumph Daytona
2012 Ural Gear Up
"Tell me what kind of horse you want to ride. I'll tell you what kind of rider you are." (Old Mexican proverb)

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 08:44:12 pm
We've given that feature quite a bit of thought.

Creating a peer-to-peer afermarket for bikes and parts is a little hard to reconcile with our dealers and business interests, but we're also committed to supporting the Royal Enfield community in general.

What we've come up with is the Wanted forum. We currently can't allow posts of items for sale, but users are welcome to post want ads for items they are looking for.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:05:17 pm by CMW-Rhett »
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 09:18:32 pm
A WANTED  FORUM,,,,that sounds great....like I wanted to get rid of this part and if theres anybody who needs it,,,,let me know.............How would that work.....daveg

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 07:12:08 am
The wanted for allows users to post requests for either parts or motorcycles that they're looking for and users near them can respond in the forum or by private message to arrange to make contact and work out the details.

For example, someone could make a wanted post:
Wanted: Microsoft Bullet in the Faribault, Minnesota area, Any condition. Post message, send email or call 507-333-0643.

Both dealers and individuals with matching products or motorcycles available would then have the opportunity to contact the user an make and offer and work out purchase terms.

But we'd prefer that no one make a for-sale post:
For Sale/Trade: 2007 Ruby-encrusted 1200cc Royal Enfield Interceptor. Solid gold handlebars and exhaust. Formerly ridden by Gandhi. A bragain at any price; asking $4,500,000. Call 800-555-1212.

We don't allow posting items or motorcycles for sale or trade, because we prefer to encourage users to buy through Royal Enfiled Dealers and the Royal Enfield Online Store wherever possible.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 07:29:24 am by CMW-Rhett »
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

bill440cars

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 01:34:43 am

I was kinda wondering about the classified deal myself and having read the above info, I now know what the scoop is and I can respect that. ;)

Later on, Bill :) ;)

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 09:26:24 pm
Yeah, I agree.  I was just pulling your chain............Rhet, you are so diplomatic...........d