Author Topic: RE 500  (Read 10810 times)

Franko

• Scooter
on: September 04, 2007, 01:21:03 am
Greetings:
Just joined.  Have loved the RE since I first rode one about 10 years ago in Memphis.
I live in South Louisiana and there does not seem to be any dealers or owners near by (closest dealer looks like a five hour drive from home).  I didn't see any bikes listed on ebay either.
Where is the best place to look for one for sale?  I am in no hurry, but I sure would like to add one in the garage. ;D TIA and ride safe.
Franko
Baton Rouge

alwscout

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 02:46:05 am
I think there's a dealer in Pensacola if that helps......... :-\

Adam
REA Member #10

Franko

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 02:57:22 am
Thanks Adam.  Pensacola is a fairly good hike from Baton Rouge.  Guess I am spoiled by Harley dealers being so plentiful, and I am slightly surprised that there are no RE  riders in this area.  I remember going to a dealership somewhere around Gulfport MS, but that was probably a few years before hurricane Katrina.
Looks like we need a dealer here in Baton Rouge.

Franko

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:14:16 pm
Keep looking on ebay. REs are on there most of the time. Usually not many for sale, but the ones on there usually have low mileage and look nice. Many of them go for low prices also. If you like personalizing your bike or just need some accessories try the RE USA website. There is more stuff available for the RE than for the HD, good to know if you are interested in buying a RE. Also, many dealers will set up and ship your new RE right to your front door. Happy thumper buyin'......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 06:21:34 pm
Franko.
Well I like the military ones as they seem to fit my image of what an old Royal Enfield should be like (as in WD dispatch rider etc). See my 2003 one in the gallery.

Good Luck with the hunt!
Cheers, Chris (LotusSevenMan)
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

us.classic

• Scooter
  • Larry on 2007 US Classic named Angel
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 04:26:34 pm
Hi Franko,

If you are still looking, you won't find a nicer US Classic and it's still under $3,000

http://tinyurl.com/yoxotl