Author Topic: High Beam indicator quit working  (Read 1404 times)

tanker

• Scooter
on: December 29, 2008, 09:12:05 pm
On my '06 Electra, the high beam indicator quit working.  I have checked/replaced the bulb in the speedometer head and verified that the wiring from the connector to the bulb works.  The high beam works with the switch just fine, it's just the indicator.  The wiring diagram in the Snidal manual (electronic version) seems to be for the Classic not the Electra, and even there I couldn't find the indicator bulb.

Does anyone know if there is a separate contact for the indicator bulb in the handlebar switch?  or does it trigger off the same line that feeds the high beam itself?  I haven't taken the switch apart yet, as I wanted to see if it were necessary given that the high beam does work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian
2006 Electra-X
1994 Goldwing

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:47:51 pm
I looked at my Electra Service Manual.

Off the Left Hand Switch during high beam as follows:

high beam: yellow/red wire and a blue wire.

high beam : blue wire and yellow/ white wire.

I can't tell via the wire diagram which switch position is the high beam switch and which is the high beam flash button.

Could be a loose wire or corroded contact on the bulb casing.

It looks to me that the high beam indicator light is activated by the high beam switch.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:46:20 am by REpozer »
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

tanker

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 12:26:51 am
Thanks, I guess I'll take the switch apart.  I know the contacts are good in the speedometer housing (bulb casing) as I applied voltage to the connector leading to the speedometer and the bulb lighted normally.
Brian
2006 Electra-X
1994 Goldwing