Author Topic: User name note  (Read 6268 times)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
on: December 19, 2008, 03:22:34 pm
Not really a complaint just a funny thing.

I changed my forum name a few weeks back and today after I deleted my cookies I could not log in.

It seams that your login stays with your original even if you change what your name is in the forum.  Took me a few minutes to figure it out.    I tried to log in about six times before I noticed it said Username does not exist at the top of the reject screen.   Funny that....
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 04:44:48 pm
Garbone, are you the former "Gary-FL"?  I had the feeling, if I am correct, that Gary-FL had not simply vanished from the RE Forum.  So, Gary, please let us know if you now have a new nom de plume at your convenience.

Keep the shiny side up on that beautiful, red Deluxe!   
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 05:04:34 pm
You are correct sir... A cigar for you... ;)
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:17:33 pm
Good deal... make it a Fuentes, please... the best "Cuban" (not grown in Cuba) cigar one can legally buy, today!

The Fuentes Family are from my hometown -- Santiago de Cuba (the second largest city in Cuba and which is located on the southeastern coast, about 3 hours west of Guantanamo, as the crow flies).  They left Cuba fairly shortly after Castro took over.  Legend has it that they were able to take a substantial piece of their fortune and a lot of "their" tobacco seeds to the Dominican Republic, as they left by boat.  The legend proceeds as the Fuentes bought land and started cultivating "their" tobacco there!  I like the Fuentes' legend (a win for Cuban exiles) and their ceegars!

Gary, (et al), I hope you did not mind the brief anecdote!

Cheers!  :D
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:24:57 pm
Garbone is a good bloke ,---I dont like that Gary Fl     Guy.

I say stay Garbone.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 02:57:47 pm
Its getting worse,  its like no one wants to use any personal information at all, not even location. If some one comes from India or Afganistan it would be interesting.

The computer should not accept willy nilly applications that say location --"at home" for instance. Whats wrong with putting your age? you aint gonna meet anyone and who cares.

Looking at various members profiles little if any information about them is necessary if at all to open an account. 

Under these circumstances I have found it necessary to make adjustmets to my own profile.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:10:17 pm by clamp »

Ukuvox

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 06:09:57 pm
Nice picture...you don't look at all like I expected...based on your campfire stories, i thought you would be more of a bar clamp...
(disclaimer: yes, a lousy pun but I said it so that no one else would have to)

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 01:40:01 pm
You have a nice picture too. I thought it was a guitar on fire going to heaven ,--then I put mu glasses on and realized it was a guitar on fire going to heaven.

Funny--With you accent and that funny tone of voice I didnt think you'de look like that

Ukuvox

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:16:27 pm
You have a nice picture too. I thought it was a guitar on fire going to heaven ,--then I put mu glasses on and realized it was a guitar on fire going to heaven.

Funny--With you accent and that funny tone of voice I didnt think you'de look like that
Actually, its a reference to a song called "Flaming Ukulele in the Sky" by Shorty Long, an early 20th century style jazz/novelty/blues/country band out of Austin, TX. You can here a sample at http://www.shortylong.com/music.htm
P.S. The fly is cool too...