Author Topic: C5 SHOTS -- PROPERLY LIT PROFILE  (Read 18678 times)

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 09:13:36 pm
The shots at the Watsonian link look a bit "scrunched" to me as if they wer re-zexed wrong. could be wrong.
Kevin, are you saying that the picture from Watsonian is not the way the bike will look. please tell me that the NICE Watsonian picture is the way the bike will look. If it looks like the one with the huge gap from  the NEC-UK show, I am afraid I will pass on buying one.  Hutch

Hutch, have just sent off an inquiry to Watsonian's, hopefully they can put to rest this rear fender issue. That picture with the large fender gap seems to be ingrained in your brain. Let's give it a day and see if they have an answer for us. Blltrdr
Thanks for sending Watsonian an inquiry. You're right about being engrained in my brain. Ugly always sticks in my brain. Especially on an otherwise beautiful bike.  Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 10:50:58 pm
Prof, thanks for massaging (elongating) the Watsonian picture and showing it below the original one.  I really think the relationship of the rear tire to the rear fender is just fine.  In any case, colleagues, "a picture is" [still] "worth a thousand words."  In today's economy, I thriftily and briefly use the few following words to describe the Watsonian picture: The beauty of the C5 cuts a deeper wound in my heart than the beauty of Ava Gardner (1) did in my youth.

(1) In her prime, Ava Gardner was called: "The most beautiful animal in the world."
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 10:59:16 pm
Prof, thanks for massaging (elongating) the Watsonian picture and showing it below the original one.  I really think the relationship of the rear tire to the rear fender is just fine.  In any case, colleagues, "a picture is" [still] "worth a thousand words."  In today's economy, I thriftily and briefly use the few following words to describe the Watsonian picture: The beauty of the C5 cuts a deeper wound in my heart than the beauty of Ava Gardner (1) did in my youth.

(1) In her prime, Ava Gardner was called: "The most beautiful animal in the world."

Papa Juan

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 02:12:12 am

It seems that the picture of the bike posted by me from the NEC-UK bike show is also valid, being that it shows it at a show, with the very large gap. Even Kevin said the Watsonian picture didn't look correct, even though I wished it did. It looks better than the picture I posted with the big gap showing in all of its glory.I guess all these pictures prove nothing, since they seem to look different from one to the other. I will let my eye decide when I see the bike in person. It is going to be a long wait until...What....June/ July????  Hutch
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:29:58 am by hutch »

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 02:44:00 am
It is going to be a long wait until...What....June/ July????  Hutch

Amen, Brother Hutch! >:(

Papa Juan

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 03:31:34 am
       This is a photo of Hutch after eyeballing the new C-5 this summer!

Please bow your head for a moment of silence for our fallen brother Bulleteer.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 03:52:50 am by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 05:57:05 pm
       This is a photo of Hutch after eyeballing the new C-5 this summer!

Please bow your head for a moment of silence for our fallen brother Bulleteer.
LOL..... I needed that laugh. I am not looking forward to getting out my 1957 Ford 860 and plowing the snow out of my driveway. I haven't seen my neighbors house for 3 hours and it will not stop snowing for another 3 hours according to the weatherman. Summer is a LOOONG way off. I can wait for winter to officialy arrive. We have already had 30" more snow for this time of year than normal.. 2 more storms coming next week. Running an average of 15-20 degrees below normal for the last 2 months suck also. I'm surprised the propane man hasn't sent me flowers for all the screwing he is giving me. Just joking.....but I did need that laugh.   Hutch
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 05:59:53 pm by hutch »

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 06:28:45 pm
Hey, Hutch, the propane man did not even kiss (:-*) you on the way out...! 

Ouch
...!
   :D

Papa Juan

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 06:33:45 pm
 Well something keeps you there year after year, Hutch! I was stationed in Chicagoland for 3yrs and thought it was quite cold especially when the winds came off the lake. Couldn't wait to move back to Washington when my hitch was up; love the moderate temperatures here! I met a guy in Alaska who is a proprietor of a small motel close to Mount McKinley, he told me he was from Michigan U.P. and that his wife and him moved to Alaska because it's nicer there in the winter. Now that's funny! Have to run and turn on my gas fire log set, it's down around 30F.  BRrrrr!   ;) Blltrdr
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:40:12 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 11:42:13 pm
Well something keeps you there year after year, Hutch! I was stationed in Chicagoland for 3yrs and thought it was quite cold especially when the winds came off the lake. Couldn't wait to move back to Washington when my hitch was up; love the moderate temperatures here! I met a guy in Alaska who is a proprietor of a small motel close to Mount McKinley, he told me he was from Michigan U.P. and that his wife and him moved to Alaska because it's nicer there in the winter. Now that's funny! Have to run and turn on my gas fire log set, it's down around 30F.  BRrrrr!   ;) Blltrdr
No kiss, no flowers, some people are just ungrateful. I can't even claim him on my taxes as a dependant. I can't leave here, I have lived in this house since I was born in it. Almost 57 and 1/2 years ago. I just finished plowing my driveway for 2 hours. 12" of snow in 6 hours. We are running almost 4 foot of snow more than usual for this time of year. Thank goodness it warmed up for 2 days and melted it all, so we just have the 12" we got today. It got up to 20F with 20mph winds and a windchill of 0 F. Tonight it's going down to 10F with the same 20mph winds, wind chill of -10F. 2 more storms on the way starting Sunday, and again on Christmas Eve. I guess we don't have to "Dream about a white Christmas" this year. I sure will be glad when Sunday gets here. That is the first day of winter.  Hutch

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 12:34:31 am
No kiss, no flowers, some people are just ungrateful. I can't even claim him on my taxes as a dependant. I can't leave here, I have lived in this house since I was born in it. Almost 57 and 1/2 years ago. I just finished plowing my driveway for 2 hours. 12" of snow in 6 hours. We are running almost 4 foot of snow more than usual for this time of year. Thank goodness it warmed up for 2 days and melted it all, so we just have the 12" we got today. It got up to 20F with 20mph winds and a windchill of 0 F. Tonight it's going down to 10F with the same 20mph winds, wind chill of -10F. 2 more storms on the way starting Sunday, and again on Christmas Eve. I guess we don't have to "Dream about a white Christmas" this year. I sure will be glad when Sunday gets here. That is the first day of winter.  Hutch

Hutch, you want a laugh? Check out this video, "Winter Sucks". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jELFadzEiGc
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 03:32:44 am
Blltrdr, That was funny. My GMC Sonoma 4x4 Highrider sticks out, so I don't have to worry about that at least.   Hutch

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 07:30:17 pm
"I can't leave here, I have lived in this house since I was born in it. Almost 57 and 1/2 years ago."  Hutch

Hutch, I've been meaning to let you know that the statements above are, possibly, the best ones I've read in this forum!  God bless you, man!

P.S.  I recently saw the awesome picture of your Interceptor... WOWZAA!!!

Papa Juan

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:02 pm
"I can't leave here, I have lived in this house since I was born in it. Almost 57 and 1/2 years ago."  Hutch

Hutch, I've been meaning to let you know that the statements above are, possibly, the best ones I've read in this forum!  God bless you, man!

P.S.  I recently saw the awesome picture of your Interceptor... WOWZAA!!!
I have a heated room in my garage, and I just got back from taking the battery tender off the Interceptor and putting it on the RE Bullet. I can't wait to get the Interceptor looking as good as I got it running. New chrome and re-stuffed and covered seat will really bring it back to it's original glory. Thanks for the thumbs up on the Interceptor so far. I couldn't leave this house if I wanted to, once a farmer, always a farmer. I earned this place from the time I could walk.    Hutch

LJRead

Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 04:21:24 am
Hutch, you must be in the extreme minority of people who live where they were born into later years.  I would think it a good having roots and the  little security of such a life - not at all common now, but probably more common in an earlier time.

Gld you have that and the interceptor to work on - must be nice!