Author Topic: C5 SHOTS -- PROPERLY LIT PROFILE  (Read 18680 times)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
on: December 18, 2008, 02:09:35 am
Colleagues, some of us have debated the look of how the rear fender fits around the rear tire of the C5.  In particular, a few of us had wondered whether there was too much air between the back of the rear tire and fender.  Well, I believe I found the definitive, properly lit profile pictures of the bike.  I see (through the link below) the confirmation of the total beauty of the C5.

Click and enjoy: http://www.royal-enfield.com/bullet_classic_500.htm

Cheers!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

prof_stack

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 03:01:16 am
Colleagues, some of us have debated the look of how the rear fender fits around the rear tire of the C5.  In particular, a few of us had wondered whether there was too much air between the back of the rear tire and fender.  Well, I believe I found the definitive, properly lit profile pictures of the bike.  I see (through the link below) the confirmation of the total beauty of the C5.

Click and enjoy: http://www.royal-enfield.com/bullet_classic_500.htm    Cheers!
Very nice link, thanks! 

I don't mind the view of the back fender in respect to the tire.  The only thing I would change is the headpipe:  I like the rounder curve found on the AVL motor.

And overall it looks like RE got the vintage look correct.

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:25:23 pm

Cheers!
Cabo, thanks for the picture. The picture I posted by the guy from England looked totaly wrong as he and I  mentioned. Maybe that was a quickly put together bike with the wrong fender. I would have never started my "controversial" post if I wasn't concerned about the look. If you notice the picture you posted has a 19" rim on the rear, and a 18" on the front. You can check that buy putting a piece of paper on the rear rim at its widest point through the rear axle, make a mark on the paper Now do the same with the front rim. Larger rim on the back than the front.  Check it out for yourself. They are different size rims. On top of that the rear tire has a taller sidewall filling in the gap. I have loved Royal Enfield bikes for over 40 years. All my life people would give me a strange look when I mentioned RE's. Most people never heard of them. I hope they all look as good as the picture you found at RE UK. Hutch
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:49:36 pm by hutch »
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:11:31 pm
"I have loved Royal Enfield bikes... people give me a strange look when I mentioned RE's. Most people never heard of them. I hope they all look as good as the picture you found at RE UK.  Hutch"
[/quote]

Amen, Brother Hutch!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:15:47 pm
prof. i agree about the pipe.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 05:25:51 pm

Cheers!
Cabo, thanks for the picture. The picture I posted by the guy from England looked totaly wrong as he and I  mentioned. Maybe that was a quickly put together bike with the wrong fender. I would have never started my "controversial" post if I wasn't concerned about the look. If you notice the picture you posted has a 19" rim on the rear, and a 18" on the front. You can check that buy putting a piece of paper on the rear rim at its widest point through the rear axle, make a mark on the paper Now do the same with the front rim. Larger rim on the back than the front.  Check it out for yourself. They are different size rims. On top of that the rear tire has a taller sidewall filling in the gap. I have loved Royal Enfield bikes for over 40 years. All my life people would give me a strange look when I mentioned RE's. Most people never heard of them. I hope they all look as good as the picture you found at RE UK. Hutch

I tried your paper measure technique Hutch and found no difference in the wheel sizes. I think the irregularity you have eyed is in the tire size. I think you had mentioned before that maybe a larger tire would fill that gap better on the rear fender.

DANGER! THE USE OF CRATE PAPER WHILE TAKING MEASUREMENTS CAN LEAD TO SOME VERY UNSAVORY DIATRIBES!  ???  ;)
 Blltrdr
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:48:53 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 06:48:02 pm

Cheers!

I tried your paper measure technique Hutch and found no difference in the wheel sizes. I think the irregularity you have eyed is in the tire size. I think you had mentioned before that maybe a larger tire would fill that gap better on the rear fender.

DANGER! THE USE OF CRATE PAPER WHILE TAKING MEASUREMENTS CAN LEAD TO SOME VERY UNSAVORY DIATRIBE!  ???  ;)
 Blltrdr
Blltrd, I used one of those small flat pocket metal rulers that skilled trades use to check it again. The front rim is smaller than the back rim. Plus the use of the oversize tire takes up the gap. I guess all that can be done now is when the new bike arrives in the US, is to look and see if it has a taller tire, bigger rim, or if it looks "awkward" like the 18" wheeled bike at the NEC-UK show.The picture I posted in another thread, was from that show, and the gentleman said the same thing as me. Here is the link to those pictures and his comments.  http://tinytim.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=1182   
  The picture with the sidecar is slightly from the rear, which makes the fender look closer to the tire. Directly from the side would show the very large gap.
        Hutch
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:16:43 pm by hutch »

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 07:15:31 pm
Hutch, highlight your link and click the hyperlink button. Don't make us work so hard to see your picture. Thanks!
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 07:20:09 pm
Hutch, highlight your link and click the hyperlink button. Don't make us work so hard to see your picture. Thanks!
  Done !!!!Sorry I am better at bikes than computers 43 years of building bikes, 3 years of using a computer. I just had to learn a new way of posting links and pictures last week, cause for some reason the old way I used for 3 years didn't work anymore. Notice how the price for the bike was kept low by Kevin here in the US. It cost about $400 US more in the UK.To me the tire and fender combo looks like a ice racing bike. They put smaller tires on to make room for all the spikes, so they don't hit the fender and chew it up. I love the rest of the bike.....but not the 19" fender with 18" wheel.     Hutch
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:30:45 pm by hutch »

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 07:32:10 pm
 Hutch, the pictures you post look completely different than Cabo's pics. Maybe Watsonian's tried to remedy the space issue before posting the photo's on there site. Looks like they worked out! Maybe e-mail them and ask them how they set that C-5 up for that shot.  Blltrdr
2003 Classic 500 5 spd

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 07:43:27 pm
Hutch, the pictures you post look completely different than Cabo's pics. Maybe Watsonian's tried to remedy the space issue before posting the photo's on there site. Looks like they worked out! Maybe e-mail them and ask them how they set that C-5 up for that shot.  Blltrdr
Thanks for letting me know that my old eyes weren't deceiving me. I'm glad a few people see what the Engish gentleman saw, and I saw first thing. The Watsonian picture posted by Cabo is definatley set up different and looks good. I would buy that bike, but not the one at the NEC-UK show, with all the gap around the tire like a ice racing bike. I would hate buying the bike and then have to buy a larger tire or wheel just to get that "correct" look. It should look "correct" to begin with. I guess we will just have to make sure what the bike comes with when it arrives here in the US. Make a mental note of that before spending your hard earned cash.   Hutch

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 07:53:15 pm
The shots at the Watsonian link look a bit "scrunched" to me as if they wer re-zexed wrong. could be wrong.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 08:10:09 pm
The shots at the Watsonian link look a bit "scrunched" to me as if they wer re-zexed wrong. could be wrong.
Kevin, are you saying that the picture from Watsonian is not the way the bike will look. please tell me that the NICE Watsonian picture is the way the bike will look. If it looks like the one with the huge gap from  the NEC-UK show, I am afraid I will pass on buying one.  Hutch

prof_stack

Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 08:42:40 pm
Being home for the day due to heavy snow here in Seattle, I have time to play around with IRFANVIEW, that great free photo editor.

The first photo is the one from the site.  The second is elongated to where my eyeball thinks the wheels are more correct.  Just for fun.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 08:59:02 pm
Kevin, are you saying that the picture from Watsonian is not the way the bike will look. please tell me that the NICE Watsonian picture is the way the bike will look. If it looks like the one with the huge gap from  the NEC-UK show, I am afraid I will pass on buying one.  Hutch

Hutch, have just sent off an inquiry to Watsonian's, hopefully they can put to rest this rear fender issue. That picture with the large fender gap seems to be ingrained in your brain. Let's give it a day and see if they have an answer for us. Blltrdr
2003 Classic 500 5 spd