HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Elvis at Hooters Little Rock Arkansas

in
Members Rides

NField Gear

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 13, 2016, 08:24:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 2493 times)

polock

• Neophyte
Newbie Here
« on: October 11, 2007, 06:48:50 pm »
I hope to get a good start on this forum here. If this is the wrong place to post these kind of questions, advise me and move my post to the right place.

I have acquired a Royal Enfield with a Lombardini Diesel engine in it.

Here are my questions ..
Being new to this bike I would like to know for sure what type it is ... Bullet etc. and how would I tell.
Is there a VIN# for the motorcycle and where would it be located at .. and a serial number location for the engine.
There are some issues with the starting of the little diesel that I'm trying to work through. But I am interested in the basics at this time.

I am not new to motorcycles .. I own a 01 1800 goldwing (my third wing)and my wife rides  a 1500 goldwing trike. There is a Screamin' Eagle in my future, but ........

The Enfield is a project and I hope to have it up and running soon. There is a Cozy side car with it.
It looks like a fun bike ... I doubt I will ride it much, due to the fact I'm 6' 2" and tip the scales at about 230lbs. I think I would stress the bike out.

Thanks Polock

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 08:06:13 am »
polock,

Welcome!

I hope someone can help you out.

I haven't seen any references to diesals on the forum (but it is still a new forum).

The 'chaps' over on the Hitchcock's bulletin board might be able to help you as well.

Matt