Author Topic: UK 2009 Royal Enfield Trials and Clubman  (Read 7650 times)

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:08 am
It looks like some of the UK models will have a kickstart. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 02:00:33 am by Bill Harris »

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:32 pm
Bill, is this confirmed??

If so, why is RE building two different versions of the 500 motor? Granted, we're not the market of the EU to say nothing of India, but why won't we get the KS model?

My biggest bones of contention are the 18" rear wheel, the "roundness" of the UCE motor which, for me, is too far removed from tradition to be attractive, and the lack of KS. The motor you show seems to be far more of a traditional looking motor and KS, thereby removing two of the problems I have with the bike. In other words, if those were the models we could get here in the states, I could see myself with one in the future.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:32:56 pm
Bill, is this confirmed??

If so, why is RE building two different versions of the 500 motor? Granted, we're not the market of the EU to say nothing of India, but why won't we get the KS model?

My biggest bones of contention are the 18" rear wheel, the "roundness" of the UCE motor which, for me, is too far removed from tradition to be attractive, and the lack of KS. The motor you show seems to be far more of a traditional looking motor and KS, thereby removing two of the problems I have with the bike. In other words, if those were the models we could get here in the states, I could see myself with one in the future.

Kevin says we will have them here, and they are currently called the "G5".
They are basically an Electra X that is converted to take the UCE engine of the more "squarish" appearance, and it might also have the kickstart on it(but he's not sure).

As to "why" they have 2 different UCE engines, that is a mystery to me too.
Although I am guessing that the one in the G5 is the Indian home market(and other markets) engine, and the more rounded "c5 Classic" engine is strictly for export to the US and UK.
I'm not certain that I'm correct with this guess. However, we have been told that we will get the G5 and the C5 here in the US, and the prices have been listed by Kevin. The G5 that you prefer is a little lower priced than the C5 Classic, and it will also be available with the Deluxe chrome-tank style like the older ones that we're familiar with.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:37:24 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:40:21 pm
Thanks Ace.

Time will tell. Now about that 18" wheel thing.....

Royal.Oilfield

Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:47:24 pm

As to "why" they have 2 different UCE engines, that is a mystery to me too.

The engine is the same. It differs only by appearence when used with the edgie rocker and side covers for the Electra G5 and the more rounded rocker and side covers for the Classic C5.

Here's what's on offer in the UK. http://royal-enfield.com/images/ElectraBrochure2009.pdf

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 11:23:08 pm
Thanks Ace.

Time will tell. Now about that 18" wheel thing.....

Paul, it looks like the Electra will keep the 19" wheels. As far as the 18" wheels on the Uce classic goes, it has got to be a positive. You will have more tires that will work on that size of rim and the fit between the rear wheel and fender seems better than on the old classic. Remember, the use of 18" wheels is not uncommon on Enfields. Most classic Brit bikes run 18" rims.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:26:15 am by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 01:38:37 am
Blltrdr, excellent points regarding the 18" rims and tires!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 03:24:01 am
Paul,

I think it is confirmed that UK will have the Clubman and Trials models .  Look at this sight:  www.royal-enfield.com 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:26:55 am by Bill Harris »