Author Topic: UCE pricing announcement  (Read 55236 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #105 on: March 03, 2009, 05:39:26 am
Here's a good one. The only banks that are lending right now are the small well run local banks and credit unions. Why you ask? They ran their banks like a bank and didn't make stupid loans. These guys and gals are the only thing keeping many small business alive today. Now we have spend billions on top of billions in giveaways with no result other than whining for more to the big banks who ran themselves out of business. So what does the govt decide to do - raise the fee that the good banks pay for FDIC insurance 5 fold, plus a huge surcharge (7-13% of their earnings)  to pay for a shortfall in the insurance fund thanks to the bad banks. This is enough that in many cases they are going to be stressed out of business or become part of big insolvent banks. For every dollar in extra FDIC insurance they have to pay, some people say that it will take $12 out of their available lending, Now these banks are literally the only thing working in our banking industry (no bailouts either) and the govt. is squeezing them while thowing money at the big banks faster than they can print it (literally). It shows how out of touch these people are. Small business's are the largest job creators in the US by a long shot, so lets give the losers money and try to screw the producers.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 05:41:07 am by Kevin Mahoney »
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #106 on: March 03, 2009, 04:07:33 pm
Well said, Brother Kevin!  It simply boils down to these two factors: (1) The government cannot give Party B anything unless it takes it away from Party A.  (2) The government cannot increase wealth by dividing and spreading it.  (Period.)
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

spliznat

• Scooter
Reply #107 on: March 22, 2009, 06:38:59 am
As soon as they have a military UCE it will be mine....................make them soon please
From Dream To Dream, We Have Always Been Like An Ever Flowing Stream

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #108 on: March 22, 2009, 12:49:18 pm
I think the military UCE will be one classy looking bike, can't wait to see one.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

zenrider

• Scooter
Reply #109 on: April 20, 2009, 05:36:08 pm
I have a question does the C5 come looking like all the photos I see, like in the link I added? Or are these addons

http://www.thekickstart.net/royal_enfield/bulletC5/bulletC5.html

Thank you

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #110 on: April 20, 2009, 08:32:01 pm
The upsweep exhaust system is aftermarket.  The stock C5 has an exhaust like the AVL, Classic and Military.  Everything else is standard.

I have a question does the C5 come looking like all the photos I see, like in the link I added? Or are these addons

http://www.thekickstart.net/royal_enfield/bulletC5/bulletC5.html

Thank you
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Sasquatch_cycles

• Scooter
Reply #111 on: May 21, 2009, 10:42:27 pm
I'm a newbie on the forum and I can't remember the last time I was more smitten by a bike than the C5...wow...if it looks as good in person, I'll buy one.  I'm coming into a bit of money at the end of June, so here in the US that seems perfect...wish there was a nearby dealer though.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #112 on: May 21, 2009, 10:49:37 pm
I know how you feel, I had to order a C5 from a dealer 150 miles away. Go for it.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #113 on: May 21, 2009, 11:10:25 pm
kevin it dosn't show these people are out of touch.. it shows who's really running this (dare i say fascist) country.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

LJRead

• He who learns to live with little or nothing has everything.
  • Grease Monkey
  • Enjoy life in the slow lane
Reply #114 on: May 22, 2009, 08:20:53 pm
With regard to UCE pricing (the topic of this thread), I have seen some comparative gripes about the high price of the UCEs versus bikes of other companies, which may charge as much or more, but provide more in the way of build quality and performance.  It seems to me, though I am very out of touch with prices of things, that the UCE is a bargain in having all the aspects one could want in a classic type of bike, yet having a factory and distributors who obviously care about what they provide, not only in the bikes themselves, but in after sales service.

As to the bank issue which Kevin mentions above - isn't it a turning away from things like quality and service to a simple money making mode of doing business that is behind the whole messy thing?  Small anything, whether it be a bike operation (and R E is small in size of organization, isn't it?)or a bank is much better than large, yet integrating small banking units into large conglomerates is what the major trend is, same with agriculture and other business interests.  I suppose it has to do with overall efficiency and profit making, but the consumer is the one who loses every time. 
Lawrence J. Read
Vava'u
Tonga Islands
South Pacific

2002 Machismo, 2003 RE rickshaw with Thunderbird base