Author Topic: UCE pricing announcement  (Read 55621 times)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #90 on: January 18, 2009, 08:58:40 am
Amen!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #91 on: January 21, 2009, 02:53:08 am
I've been on the fence about buying a RE for sometime, but the introduction of the UCE has swayed me. I was a bit concerned about the upkeep as I don't have a good area (covered) to work on a bike, even though I'm fairly handy with tools and can follow directions.
My Social Security benefits start up in May and I will be putting a sizable portion away each month. The Turquoise two-tone is in my sights. It will be my retirement gift to myself.  ;D

I spent 2 years working on mine (a 2002 4-speed) without a garage, including removing the primary and digging into the gear box to replace the kickstart pawl (search my posts for the details if you like). It was sometimes a challenge, but ultimately very doable. No garage kept me from doing some of the mods that I would have liked, but it was never a problem in terms of basic maintenance and even some more elaborate repairs.

With some care on your part and careful following of the break in period you should not need to do very much work on it if you don't choose to.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

Frenchy

• Bulleteer
Reply #92 on: January 22, 2009, 09:42:55 am
I've been on the fence about buying a RE for sometime, but the introduction of the UCE has swayed me. I was a bit concerned about the upkeep as I don't have a good area (covered) to work on a bike, even though I'm fairly handy with tools and can follow directions.
My Social Security benefits start up in May and I will be putting a sizable portion away each month. The Turquoise two-tone is in my sights. It will be my retirement gift to myself.  ;D

I spent 2 years working on mine (a 2002 4-speed) without a garage, including removing the primary and digging into the gear box to replace the kickstart pawl (search my posts for the details if you like). It was sometimes a challenge, but ultimately very doable. No garage kept me from doing some of the mods that I would have liked, but it was never a problem in terms of basic maintenance and even some more elaborate repairs.

With some care on your part and careful following of the break in period you should not need to do very much work on it if you don't choose to.

Thanks danny...I'll certainly keep that in mind. I wouldn't mind the pre-UCE if one's available at my time of purchase.
'On this world beneath the moon,
When Mercury is in the ascendant,
The isle of Scotland will produce a leader,
Who will cause the English discomfort.'

Nostradamus (Verse 93)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #93 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:22 pm
We think we will have Pre-unit bikes available to dealers unitil late spring. We have run out of some colors but we still have some left.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

WKinNJ

• Scooter
Reply #94 on: January 26, 2009, 04:04:44 pm
Bullet Classic G-5 with UCE engine  -    $5995
Bullet Classic G-5 Deluxe with UCE  -    $6095
Bullet Classic C-5 with UCE engine  -    $6395

The G-5 will get here sometime in the spring. It will initially be available as a Classic with solid paint and pinstriped fenders in Black and V. Green. The G-5 Deluxe will be available in Black and Red. ....

Trying to locate a picture of a V. Green Bullet Classic G-5 with UCE engine.  I am assuming that the Chrome fendered G5 pictured is the G5 deluxe and the standard G5 will have painted fenders and Gas tank.   

THX

Walt

keithbmw

• Neophyte
Reply #95 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:39 am
I will get C5 when it get in my area. C5 looks awesome.
Glad I waited to find the right bike for me.

Keith

WKinNJ

• Scooter
Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 01:37:15 am
Bullet Classic G-5 with UCE engine -    $5995
Bullet Classic C-5 with UCE engine -    $6395

The G-5 will get here sometime in the spring. It will initially be available as a Classic with solid paint and pinstriped fenders in Black and V. Green. The G-5 Deluxe will be available in Black and Red. ....

Trying to locate a picture of a V. Green Bullet Classic G-5 with UCE engine.  I am assuming that the Chrome fendered G5 pictured is the G5 deluxe and the standard G5 will have painted fenders and Gas tank.   

THX

Walt

Question withdawn: I see new G5  is now posted on the USA web site.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #97 on: February 28, 2009, 02:39:46 am
These prices are MSRP and do NOT include shipping, set-up, taxes, bailout surcharges etc.) - just kidding about the surcharges
Bullet Classic with Lean-Burn engine - $5349
Bullet Deluxe with Lean- Burn engine - $5449
Bullet Military with Lean-Burn engine -  $5545
Bullet Electra with Lean-Burn engine -  $5745

Bullet Classic G-5 with UCE engine  -    $5995
Bullet Classic C-5 with UCE engine  -    $6395

From what I'm reading on the web, the shipping and set-up charges add another $800 or so to these prices, is that right?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:41:52 am by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #98 on: February 28, 2009, 05:06:03 pm
Shipping and set-up charges are set by the dealers and generally reflect the real-world costs that they have. We can laugh about the "bailout surcharge" (which cracked me up), but we will all by paying for the rest of our lives, they just haven't figured out what to call it yet.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

FiRE Comms

• Bulleteer
  • '11 C5
Reply #99 on: February 28, 2009, 05:36:09 pm
... We can laugh about the "bailout surcharge" (which cracked me up), but we will all by paying for the rest of our lives, they just haven't figured out what to call it yet.

Cost of Living Tax?
Chris

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #100 on: February 28, 2009, 05:57:20 pm
The new tax will officially be called the Bad Investements Tax Congress Hatched or BITCH for short.

Papa Juan

Kevin Mahoney

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #101 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45:34 pm
During the Viet Nam era there was a surcharge on the taxes you paid, basicaly a tax on the tax.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #102 on: March 01, 2009, 01:03:42 pm
The new tax will officially be called the Bad Investements Tax Congress Hatched or BITCH for short.

Good one Cabo! A real good one.

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #103 on: March 01, 2009, 06:29:54 pm

Good one Cabo! A real good one.

Brother Phil, I thank you for your endorsement of the proposed name!  And, I am not all that talented at all, Phil.  That BITCH was a no-brainer of a name; really!    :D

Papa Juan

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #104 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24:08 pm
The way we are going to be paying is through inflation. When you sharply increase the money supply without a corrosponding increase in goods and services being produced, the currency is devalued. Add to that the depression of market activity caused by even more government involvement, and we should see a negative economic spiral for some time. The market will recover, but it will be in spite of government, not because of it. However, that will not prevent polititions from taking full credit for the recovery when it does happen.