Author Topic: NEW BIKES AT NEC-UK  (Read 17507 times)

mark

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 11:47:56 am
Hi guys,

Well 600 plus miles on the clock,and the efi rides like a dream,with no problems at all.
The bike starts first time every time,so in my book a reliable bike.

I have ignored all the running in instructions from various sources except from an old boy who has been building and servicing Brit bikes for fifety plus years.

He says all this thirty and forty mile an hour riding for several hundred miles is nonsense.
This does nothing at all.

He told me that every time I go out for a ride on the motorway to ease the bike up five miles an hour more than last time and hold it for a minute before easing off(Last time I went up to eighty) because if you don't the bike will never reach it's potential,its like physical training,you have to push it to improve it. And if I do this the bike should have no problems cruising at 80 to 85mph or better.

Well I believe this to be true as the bikes cruising speed is increasing all the time whilst at the same time working less hard.

Royal Enfield bullet the king of cool bikes. ;)

Royal Enfield Bullet efi.
rolex explorer,datejust,airking.
omega seamaster,speedmaster,constellation,dynamic.

mark

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 03:53:19 pm
Hi guys,

update took the bike to 85 about 20 minutes ago and the bike loves it,there is still plenty of throttle left.

I am sure this bike will be capable of 100mph plus.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 04:14:32 pm
Hi guys,

update took the bike to 85 about 20 minutes ago and the bike loves it,there is still plenty of throttle left.

I am sure this bike will be capable of 100mph plus.

Mark,
Please do a check of your speedo accuracy with a GPS or a radar gun.
It is known that the Royal Enfield speedos typically read about 10% fast.

I'm happy for your enjoyment, but I think the speedo might be reading a bit high. Almost everyone else's does.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

mark

• Scooter
Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 05:27:11 pm
Hi,

yes I realise the speedo may ten % off but it will still be a  90 plus bike,which is 20mph over the national UK speed limit.

Anyway is a radar gun as fast as speeding bullet?lol ;)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:20 pm
Hi,

yes I realise the speedo may ten % off but it will still be a  90 plus bike,which is 20mph over the national UK speed limit.

Anyway is a radar gun as fast as speeding bullet?lol ;)

Mark, I thoroughly enjoy your enthusiastic postings and your love for your RE.  Long live the "king of cool bikes."   :D
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

mark

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:33 pm
Thanks cabo Cruz,

It seems Royal Enfield Has triumphed over Triumph and is  a tougher commando than Norton,and a paratrooper to boot!!

long live the king of cool bikes! ;)

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 10:40:03 pm
Amen, Br. Mark!!!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

Flyfifer

• Scooter
Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 10:42:16 am
Mark,

Belstaff Trialmaster and Barbour International; the jackets most preferred by motorcyclist in the 40s, 50s, and 60s and what I use today.  In the photo is me in my Belstaff Trialmaster.

William   

That's because there was nothing else available then other than a leather.
I bought my first trailmaster in 1974 at a cost of £30 now a days you can add another 0 on the end of that.
I foolishly put it in the bin a few months ago after it sat in the loft for years now I see they go for funny money on eBay.
Guess who's kicking themselves now?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:11:01 pm by Flyfifer »

Bill A

• Scooter
Reply #38 on: April 25, 2009, 03:07:47 pm
Wow! I really liked the shot of the UCE with the sidecar, who makes it?  From what is showing it looks completely different from any of the Cozy's.
 By the way, I'm new to the forum and have a 2001 Classic that I dearly love. I've been riding for many years and own multiple bikes, worked as a bike mechanic for 10 years but now teach at the local vocational school. Our next bike purchase is going to be a sidecar rig as my wife would rather ride in a chair than on the back.  I've been looking at Urals but an older Guzzi with a car would work well also. Not an easy decision as we live in Kansas and I would like to be able to ride on the unimproved roads as well as the paved ones.
Bill

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 04:32:48 pm
My Ural was right at home on unimproved roads, I think it preferred them ;D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 07:05:35 pm
Wow! I really liked the shot of the UCE with the sidecar, who makes it?  From what is showing it looks completely different from any of the Cozy's.
 By the way, I'm new to the forum and have a 2001 Classic that I dearly love. I've been riding for many years and own multiple bikes, worked as a bike mechanic for 10 years but now teach at the local vocational school. Our next bike purchase is going to be a sidecar rig as my wife would rather ride in a chair than on the back.  I've been looking at Urals but an older Guzzi with a car would work well also. Not an easy decision as we live in Kansas and I would like to be able to ride on the unimproved roads as well as the paved ones.
Bill

Bill - the sidecar in the picture is made by Watsonion Squires - they are the official importers of RE into the UK. They should look good, they have been making sidecars for nearly 100 years  ;D

http://www.royal-enfield.com/sidecars.html
Cheers
Nick