Author Topic: St. Augustine 8/23/07  (Read 11205 times)

alwscout

• Bulleteer
on: August 27, 2007, 08:42:56 pm
Just got back from a real fun day in St. Augustine. A buddy of mine met me this morning at my house and we left around 0930 to head over there. It's about a 45 minute trip or so.

I knew I was low on fuel but there aren't any stations near my house and I figured I could make the 15 miles to Green Cove Springs and a gas station. I figured wrong. A nice older guy stopped and said "you must be out of gas". Yep I said, how'd you know? He then goes, "well old English bikes don't just break down so you must be out of gas". We had a good laugh and he went on his way. So after a little waiting while my buddy went on ahead to procure some go juice, we were back on the road.

Made it the rest of the way no problem, and we parked in the fort parking lot. For those of you who have never been there, St. Augustine is the oldest city in the United States. About a 100 years or so older than Jamestown in fact. It wa settled by the Spanish and after several brutal pirate attacks they gave up building wood forts and built a massive Coquina rock fort that still stands today. It worked.

After touring the fort, we headed across the street to St. George street and enjoyed all the wonderful eye candy strolling down the old city streets. Florida in the summertime.......I love it!!! ;)

We headed over to Scarlett O'Hara's....a nice local hangout and had cold one. Then we decided it was lunch time and had some clam strips and a steak sandwich at the Florida Cracker Cafe'.

I was ready for another cold one by then so we started hunting and lo and behold we found this awesome, heavenly place called The Rondevous Restaraunt. This place has over 150 beers from around the world and a really nice bunch of girls working there. Highly recommended if you are a fan of great beers.

It was looking sorta nasty so we decided to try and make it back before the rain. No luck. We got a little wet but it didn't last and the rest of the ride was nice. We averaged around 45-50mph the whole time and the bike did great.Lots of looks as usual.

If your ever looking for a great place to visit for a weekend, I highly recommend St. Augustine. We go often and I am never tired of it.

Adam
REA Member #10

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:28:50 pm
Good report, thanks!

Did you snap any pictures?

Matt

alwscout

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:41:47 pm
No I should have but I forgot the camera. I'll take some next time though!

Adam
REA Member #10