Author Topic: What people are saying about the new Bullet  (Read 4484 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:42:46 am
I always find it interesting to read what riders of other machines have to say about the Bullet.

Generally, it is fairly predictable, like some of the folks on that forum responded.
Typically some sweeping assumptions, based on spec sheet info, or country of origin.

I don't mind it. In fact, I sort of like to be in the "secret little Bullet group", who actually know how nice a Bullet is to ride.

As a British sportscar enthusiast and mechanic from "back in the day", I frequently heard the common strains of "Jags(or insert any other Brit sportscar here) spend more time in the shop than they do on the road". Always used to give me a chuckle. Seems to me it revealed more about the dissatisfied owner or onlooker than it did about the car.

I had a Beemer before having this Bullet, and IMO the Bullet is much more satisfying and fun to ride and own, than my Beemer ever was.
Of all the bikes I've owned, I'd say the Bullet reminds me most of my old 1974  Ducati  750 twin. Really a very similar power delivery and overall feel. I really love the way the Bullet rides.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:56:56 am by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:43:18 am
Actually, I think a few of us did a pretty good job of defending it, and there was some genuine interest.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 02:04:03 am
Yes, you did well.
And I thnk that you're right, some of the people there did seem to get interested.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:25:04 pm
I too rode BMWs (35 years) and had two that I thought were really nicer than most, a '72 R75/5 bored to 840, '97 R850R the most stable bike I've ever been on. They were really good at what they did. I don't do that any more (long trips). The last Beemer F650 Dual Sport, that bike didn't excel at anything, and was a true nightmare to work on or even change the oil or the battery.

My Bullet Classic AVL has been the most pleasurable bike I've had ever, and has had no problems, other than not starting one time after changing all the oils and checking the valves. I kicked about 50 times finally conceding defeat and used the electric starter. It still didn't start so I plugged in the electronics from the primary and it started on first kick. :-[

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 01:40:03 pm
It still didn't start so I plugged in the electronics from the primary and it started on first kick. :-[

Heh-heh!
Most of us have had something similar happen, Phil.
The most common is the kill switch, but you got pretty creative! ;D
The kill switch has gotten me more than once.

Good exercise for the leg, I always say! :D