Author Topic: Royal Enfield Electra EFI  (Read 2865 times)

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
on: November 04, 2008, 05:26:42 am
Nice article here, http://www.realclassic.co.uk/enfieldefi.html, about the Electra with the UCE that they are selling in Great Britain.

Sorry, Posted this in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:29:16 am by Leonard »
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:46 am
The first pic should now allay the kick start controversy.
A very nice looking Bullet. IMO

PaulF

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 01:56:55 pm
"Which, in a way, was a shame, because we all want the Interceptor re-incarnated instead."[/b]

And finally, you good people at Royal Enfield manufacturing – please, please, please, will you now move on and resurrect the 750 Interceptor that we have been waiting and whinging about for so very, very long? 

Ha! See? I'm not the only one who feels that way. Bring back the twin. ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:15:24 pm by PaulF »

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 03:33:37 pm
Haven't bought a new motorcycle since 1982 (always used).  As this is yet unproven, what would the consensus be on waiting a year to buy one of these new Bullets?  Should I just go for it, or wait for some serious reviews?

>this type is too small for me to read. Apologies for any spelling mistakes that may occure)
Run what ya brung

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 05:39:59 pm
Haven't bought a new motorcycle since 1982 (always used).  As this is yet unproven, what would the consensus be on waiting a year to buy one of these new Bullets?  Should I just go for it, or wait for some serious reviews?

>this type is too small for me to read. Apologies for any spelling mistakes that may occure)

That's as good a question as it gets. No one knows the answer. At this point it's a toss up.

But my money goes with there not being any major problems and few minor ones, but then that's just a guess.

Kevin sure had some nice things to say about the new EFI from his recent trip to India. Looks like it may be a "plug-n-play" type bike.

rick505

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 06:17:09 pm
I wonder if the EFI unit will eventually be available as a retrofit?? I suspect not but if it was and not cost prohibitive.....................

Adrian

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:05:07 am
Someone, somewhere, will actually manage to retrofit the fuel injection system to the older style AVL engine, and my guess is that it will be one of our more adventurous friends in India who does it...

Fitting the injector shouldn't be too difficult, the challenge will be to wire in the EMS and fitting all its sensors.  Just give it time.  ;)

A.

Rick Sperko

• Grand Gearhead
  • Milwaukee, WI
Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:04:47 pm
With the chain on the opposite side I think it will be an ambitious retrofit. Personally, I would get a new bike.
Rick in Milwaukee, WI

'06 RE Bullet Classic Iron
'63 VW Beetle Ragtop (also classic)
'66 Chris Craft Cavalier Cutlass 26'
'02 BMW R1150R

Jon

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:10:03 pm
Don't quite see that the chain being on the other side could make retofitting the
EFI unit any more difficult? You'd need the tank assy from the UCE for the fuelpump
I guess.......

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 09:46:16 pm

Ernie,
The new bike may come in $6K++, and I try never to buy a first year model.
You may be better off buying used (under $4k) as there are a lot of  low mileage ones around. Recently I have seen some on ebay from dealers with no miles in the $4k range (leftovers).
This will save you some money and give you a chance to see if you are into the Enfield experience.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

AJY

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 04:45:42 am
Leonard sorry I spelled your name wrong in my last post.  Just read you thread and checked out the link for the effy.   Good wright up but the engine does not look the same to me, it begining to look Japanese.  it seems to be losing that nostalgic look.   I don't know but have a close look.
two wheels are beter then one