Author Topic: Brackets in "Bag of goodies" Received  (Read 2067 times)

rick505

• Bulleteer
on: November 04, 2008, 01:06:03 am
Well, I picked up my 08 Classic Saturday and made my first ever motorcycle ride home with it.  Only big surprise was I found out it matters if you put the fuel valve in Reserve position instead of on.  Yep, when it runs out of gas you sure know it.   ;)  I'd should have at least asked the dealer to put more than a couple ounces of fuel in it before I pulled away.  Oh yeah, when you open the tank it sure echos when empty.  Luckily I was able to slosh enough gas so it started and ran the couple blocks back to a gas station I'd passed.

Oh well, my real reason for posting is in the bag of goodies the dealer gave me that included the spare tube, two cables and a hand full of reflectors are two metal brackets.  I suppose they are to mount two of the reflectors but anyone know where they are intended to be mounted.  I suspect it's to the back seat mounting bolt so the reflectors are high and on the side but not sure.  More curious than anything since I doubt I'll actually mount them.

50 miles and counting...........

Rick

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:51:02 am
When I got my RE my petcock was busted so that reserve did not function.  The extreme left hand tilt was my reserve for about two months. 

I think those reflectors go on front of the gas tank under the bolt?  I looked through member rides and found none there. My dealer gave me the box and said he had no clue about the reflectors.  I think they are meant to be left in the box on the shelf, mine are.

OK, so my post does not help much..... :P
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

Prairie Hunter

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:53:44 am
Myself, I think they go down low on the front forks.....
2008 Classic Bullet ES "Bettie"
2009 Triumph Bonneville SE
REA Member #13

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:42:19 am
Myself, I think they go down low on the front forks.....

Your right.  I think they are either state or federal  DOT mandated.  One color on the right the other on the left.

I'd have to look at my Honda to see for sure.

I believe the export bikes to the USA have those thrown in the box.

I don't think the police notices them so it's optional to mount them.  As many custom choppers out there without them seem to confirm.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

Bath Bullet

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:59:09 am
They are really usefull to us over here, we know straight away when we see them on an eBay listing on a supposedly U.K. bike its a scam!!
Dead give away.
The amount of scooters we have found and got pulled off because of them, thanks guys!
Best regards
Terry
BITING THE BULLET:  2001 500 CLASSIC living in Sunny Bat, Somerset
Also 2008 TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE 865 EFI

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:48:44 am
Methinks they go in the trash!  ;)