Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 2278 times)

TRider

• Bulleteer
on: October 23, 2008, 08:17:07 pm
Hello everyone,
Ole TRider here.  I have been lurking some, but not participating in the discussions for quite some time.  I still have my beauty and ride it as often as possilble.  I hope all of you are happy with your bikes and riding safe. 
Later
Terry

PS:  My absence is due to my new interest with a small fiberglass travel trailer I purchased about 7 months ago.   Loads of fun travelling, camping and fishing.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:18:46 pm by TRider »

prof_stack

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:05:04 pm
Terry,

Welcome back!

What is the state of your Electra now?  Did you get the niggling and other problems sorted out? 

Prof

LJRead

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:46:44 am
And how was your Alaska trip?  How large a trailer is it?  Good to see you are still riding.

Best wishes,

Larry

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:46:25 pm
Terry,

Welcome back!

What is the state of your Electra now?  Did you get the niggling and other problems sorted out? 

Prof

Hey Prof,
My Electra is running fine now.  The dealer finally figured out that he and I were holding the starter button in too long waiting for that certain sound that the bike is going to crank.  It wouldn't crank and the battery would get weak or blow the starter switch.  The trick is to turn the key, press the starter button and release as soon as it starts whinning.  Cranks right up.  I really don't have any problems with the bike now, everything else is all sorted out.
Thanks
Terry

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:51:12 pm
And how was your Alaska trip?  How large a trailer is it?  Good to see you are still riding.

Best wishes,

Larry

Hey Larry,
Thanks for asking.  Our Alaska trip was great.  Wouldn't want to live there year round, but a nice place to visit.  Alaska is a very beautiful place, especially if you like water, trees, mountains, camping, and fishing.  Helps to like snow too I guess, which I don't. 
Larry, our camper (Casita) is called a Casita Freedom Deluxe 17', which includes the tongue.  The box itself (we call it an EGG)) is actually 13 & 1/2' long.  It has just about everything a biggie has except for space.  My wife and I have had a great time with this little booger.
I hope you are going great in paradise Larry.
Later
Terry

LJRead

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 06:23:42 am
Paradise is where you find it Terry, and it seems as though you are finding a bit of it yourself with this camp trailer idea.  Must be some of those vagabond Indian genes coming out.  Nice trailer - good size and you  probably don't even know you're pulling it along.

Must be some nice camping spots in your neck of the woods - now all you need is a rack for a motor scooter or two.

Take care,

Larry

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 06:28:17 am
    Terry, how is ownership of one of the fiberglass trailers? I've seen the Casitas ans Scamps (and a few others), and fiberglass makes a lot of sense. Is the fiberglass easy to maintain? Any problems with leakage? They should be lighter than a normal trailer?

Thanks, Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 12:21:33 pm
    Terry, how is ownership of one of the fiberglass trailers? I've seen the Casitas ans Scamps (and a few others), and fiberglass makes a lot of sense. Is the fiberglass easy to maintain? Any problems with leakage? They should be lighter than a normal trailer?

Thanks, Jon

Hey Jon,
My wife and I love our Casita fiberglass trailer.  Its only light because its small.  Fiberglass is not necessary lighter than some metals.  No problem with leakage.  The Casitas and Scamps are very well made.  Easy to tow and park.  It has everything a large one has except for space.  Dry weight is only around 2100 lbs.
Thanks for asking.
Terry