Author Topic: I would like to add a 2 amp load  (Read 4013 times)

little_a_o

• 8 mph slower than indicated
  • Scooter
  • '06 Military (Missed)
on: August 25, 2007, 02:23:54 am
Is this asking to much of a stock 2006?

[old attachment deleted by admin]

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 03:31:04 am
er how come? electic vest? running Lghts? cigereete lighter?radar detector :P

I have all this  electrical clothing that I know won't work with the X..  so> I'll keep it for some reason

little_a_o

• 8 mph slower than indicated
  • Scooter
  • '06 Military (Missed)
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 02:49:40 pm
I'm no longer a smoker, but I thought I'd install a lighter so that it was easier to set off the Cherry Bombs, M-80's and the like.  I want to be able to hurl them at random to add to that military theme.

It would also be nice to add my GPS or Cell phone.  I can't find the output numbers on this system.  I figure the current draw to be about 7 to 8 amps in its stock configuration. 

er how come? electic vest? running Lghts? cigereete lighter?radar detector :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:59:04 pm by little_a_o »

justin_o_guy

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 09:57:58 pm
Glow plugs that are used in model airplane engines glow red hot with 1.5 volts. If you just want to start a fuse, they would work fine. Small & hard to hit, but a guide can be built to direct a fuse right into the hot spot.I can easily see a small pair of wires running to a glow plug with a small funnel to direct & staboilize a fuse on the clutch side, so you could keep the edge of a hand on the handlebar for stabilization & poke the fuse into the funnel. It wouldnt need to be big at all, since the glowplug is only 1/4". The glow plugs for remote control have an Idle bar & are much sturdier than the ones for control line flying.A small toggle swich & a rechargeable c cell & glow plug, a little cobbling stuff together & voila. Lighter to go, usable on the fly.