Author Topic: Head shaker!!!  (Read 3715 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Suitor_Stu

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 01:32:37 pm
I have 8 year old Avon SM's on mine, done just 807 miles, there is not even the slightest of side wall cracking, so I might just be lucky,

I'm in the same boat as you SB, my tyres are the original ones from 2002 and show no signs of cracking - confirmed by the shop I sent my wheels to be repaired at!

I've heard lots about the Avon Roadrunners and quite fancy getting myself a pair, but because the Speedmasters have so little mileage on them (it's about 2000 or so now) i'm kinda reluctant to just jack them in right now.  Am thinking about doing an epic 'World Tour of Scotland' (Billy Connolly stylee) next summer so I may replace them at this stage, but not right now.  Besides, I've just purchased myself some aftermarket Hagon shocks to soften the rear end up a bit so I'm interested to see how this affects the handling by itself...

Stu

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 06:59:10 pm
Oooh.
Keep us informed about the feel of the Hagons Stu!!!
My Avons are not cracked etc and have only done 1300 miles so it might just be an age hardening thing perhaps.
LSM
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

Suitor_Stu

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 07:27:32 pm
I will do LSM, but I'm in no hurry to fit them - plan to do that when it's really too cold to ride and given that I've just bought myself some real cold weather gear that may not be for another month or two!

Having said that, we've had quite a few days in the single figures (Celcius wise) this week and I even woke up with frost on my car this morning, so that time may be coming sooner than I think...

Should prob just stop being a girl and switch to my full face lid... ;D

Stu