Author Topic: 1957 TRAILBLAZER  (Read 5704 times)

john l

• Neophyte
on: October 15, 2008, 10:12:12 pm
Hi All .I bought a 1957 trailblazer about 4 weeks ago it had not ran in about 20 odd years and had been "bobbed" I was looking for a rear fender and some information on the bike

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 07:34:37 pm
Phil at the RE Indian web-site can give you a little info on the different Indian Sales Corp models. There is a club that is dedicated to the older Redditch, UK built bikes including the Indians, but they are in need of a member who is willing to help them produce a newsletter. I've been a member of the REOC/NA for some time and I've only recieved one newsletter this year so far.

Post your questions and someone will help you. I'll answer any questions that I can. If not here then Britbike.com could help. Their forum has a Royal Enfield board with a lot of information already posted on it.

My trailblazer is a 1958 model but there aren't too many differences between the two year models. The rear fender is different though, so I can't help you there. I have seen them on E-pay a time or two.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:39:51 pm by rotorwrench »

john l

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 11:00:01 pm
Thanks, I got it to run (Hichcocks had the headgaskets) and it seems to ride out fine the netural finder is an odd thing and I don't know if it works. and from some pics I have seen mine has the Royal Enfield style speedometer housing all one shell ,The story I was told was it was bought by a service man in England and didn't go to a Indian dealer.is this possiable?Thanks for the info I will post pic later

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:15 pm
I supose it is possible but I'd be sceptical about the casquette/nacele. Indian Sales Corp probably had a contract with Royal Enfield that wouldn't have allowed a sale like that. The old Indian Sales REs have all been in someones garage or junk pile for the last 45 to 50 years and a lot has happened to them since then. My Trailblazer came with a front fork off of a G model RE from the early 50s when I bought it in the early 80s. Since then I've found all the original Traiblazer front end parts. It was a lot of scrounging by snail mail, telephone, and thank God for the internet. Some of the hardest parts to find came from E-pay.

I have also collected parts for the Apache, Chief, and Tomahawk models along the way. The Tomahawk 500 twin had the inclosed head light casquette that you mentioned. I would figure the one you have probably came from a Tomahawk.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:23:29 am
Hi,I have an original trailblazer manual the part #s are 42274 rear fender carrier,#41596 rear fender#40630 fork crown which is not like the regular RE casettes.It holds the speedo and the headlight is mounted seperatley.  Good luck with the bike.     Roger
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

rotorwrench

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:02:16 pm
You might try George Helm at Helm Cycle Sales in Minnesota to see if he still makes the fiberglass replica fenders for the Trailblazer. That is if your willing to use fiberglass. Those fenders with the deeper valance are getting hard to find but not impossible. A person with some sheet metal tools could replicate one using a stadard fender & spot welding on the valances.