Author Topic: 2019 Himalayan stalls whenever throttle is released completely, post mishap  (Read 620 times)

linearB

• Scooter
after I had a stall that would not immediately come back to life, I stopped riding. The bike is at the dealer now and they are working w/Enfield warranty.

So far they don't see any reason to think my little slip in the mud is related to any of what's going on. They can hear a "tick" in the engine and the compression is low, but as of the last time I talked to them, it was unclear if there was a valve issue or something leading to low compression leading to a "tick", or, more worryingly, something wrong in the block. It doesn't sound like it's going to be an instant process because they have to work with Enfield Corporate as they proceed; on the other hand I'm tied up with work stuff for 2 weeks anyway, so I made it pretty clear they can keep me pretty happy if they have a safe and working bike for me at that point.

Dalmatian man

• Scooter
It's always good to get a update on how things are coming along, I have heard of one instance of a exhaust valver sticking  on these engines. Hope all goes well.
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014

linearB

• Scooter
if they tell me the warranty repair involves cracking the block open and messing around I am going to push hard for a new block, I don't want a basically refurb'd block on a bike w/800 miles on it.

We'll see.

linearB

• Scooter
well, they're replacing my f'ing cylinder head. low pressure at intake, they say

Dalmatian man

• Scooter
Seems to me  like they are doing the right thing, you will probably find bike rides much better once complete.
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014