Author Topic: Spare Parts Catalog for CI Bullet?  (Read 3702 times)

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
on: September 25, 2019, 07:47:48 pm
I managed to find online a couple of Workshop and Repair manuals that apply to my 1999 Export Bullet 500, and it came with a bound copy of Pete Snidal's excellent manual.  These include various exploded view drawings of the various internal parts, but what I don't have, and would like to have, is a proper spare parts catalog that lists the part numbers.  Because I source spare parts direct from India, via Ebay, I'm often working with very minimal descriptive information, and poor image quality.  Having the RE part numbers is a big confidence booster.

I am aware of Hitchcocks online parts guide, and it is wonderful, but a paper document is more compatible with my lifestyle, if such a thing exists.

Can anyone help me to find a Spare Parts Catalog, for my 1999 Bullet 500?  This is the one with the box air cleaner, tool boxes both sides, 4 speed gearbox with left side shifter linkage.  I'm willing to exchange dollars for paper.

Thanks!

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 02:38:05 am
IMO, most likely, any parts manual you get will be wrong.
The Indians are constantly changing parts to improve the motorcycles and there is no way to really keep up with the new part numbers.  This is true for the new and for the old Royal Enfields.

Hitchcocks manuals and parts listing are probably the best that can be had unless you can get ahold of Tim here on the forum.  He's a walking, talking expert when it comes to what the latest and greatest parts are for the Iron Barrels, AVL's and UCE's.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 03:13:00 am
I can get you one but.....the originals were printed in 2001. Brand new the graphics were low end, you would be getting a copy of a copy of a copy. If that is worth $40 or $50 to you I'm on it.

If you are up for a project, I can send you a digital copy. You can then print pages on demand, or roll the dice with the Kinko's associates.

Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 04:31:03 pm
Thanks for your responses, guys!

I encountered the part number drift issue with my 2012 UCE C5.  Still, having the part number that was specified at the time of manufacture was useful, because a lot of component descriptions will say "replaces part 12345".  Having a part number also gives one a much more powerful google search term to find sources with.

A digital format file would be awesome, Tim, thank you very much.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 11:12:30 pm
This has come up on ebay UK (the vendor ships worldwide). If its like my 2013 edition, all the later Indian home market pre-UCE/EFI models are covered. Most if not all of the export model parts should be covered, once you've worked out exactly which model they're meant for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combined-Spare-Parts-Catalogue-Retired-Early-Models-Royal-Enfield-Book/132908414640?hash=item1ef1f576b0:g:BRwAAOSwztVcL5Xg

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 04:42:25 pm
Thanks for that tip.  Wow!, look at the size of that book, bigger than the phone books they are making these days.