Author Topic: Why does my bike keep breaking?  (Read 494 times)

blasphemous

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 02:20:57 pm
Sorry for the late reply guys, got held up in a job search, adulting is hard :(  Ok I bought the cheapo boroscope of Walmart and it worked surprisingly well. I made a short video and everything looks clean, so the next step is the valve covers?

https://imgur.com/gallery/CtxXjMc

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 05:04:15 pm
That is very good video, I will have to purchase a borescope.  There is no impact to the piston so the valves are not blocking the piston movement. Unless the rockers have jammed, the valve train can be ruled out I think.  Tappets jammed the cams....? Can you open the quill bolt and stick the scope into the timing cover?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:09:43 pm by mrunderhill1975a »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 08:23:22 am
I would say that the next logical step is to remove the rocker covers and see if all is correct in there.
The pushrods can jump off(common), or rockers can seize(not common),

blasphemous

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 02:02:27 pm
Ok will do both, Q on the rocker cover, can I reuse the gasket here? Also what is the tightening torque on the rocker cover bolts?

Thanks!

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 05:06:27 pm
If the gasket is not damaged I would re-use it with a smear of grease. Don't bother with a torque wrench, just nip the nuts up tight with a normal hand wrench.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

blasphemous

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 09:14:17 pm
The rockers and lifters look ok, here's a video I made. I put the bike in 4'th gear and kicked it and the bike lunges forward. thats how I shot this video. The kick starter won't travel beyond 3/4 of the total rotation.  Also still solidly stuck in neutral.

https://imgur.com/a/z6SttUx