Author Topic: 2009 RE Bullet Deluxe AVL value?  (Read 1168 times)

sparklow

• Bulleteer
  • Never half ass two things, whole ass one thing ...
on: December 14, 2019, 07:17:45 pm
I'm looking at a used (6800 miles) 2009 AVL Bullet. It is at a dealer so I don't expect them to be selling it cheap. It looks to be in decent shape but it has some miles on it. Any guesses on a fair retail value for this bike?
2022 Meteor Fireball Red
2011 B5 Bullet

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 07:55:31 pm
According to Kelley Blue Book Online, the typical listing price for a 2009 Deluxe is $3,260 in good condition with typical mileage when purchasing from a dealer. Of course, what they actually sell  for is another matter. Also, if seasonality plays any part in your area (Hint: Do you own a snow shovel, or, God help you, a snow blower?), then one should expect to pay far less for any motorcycle in winter...or for a boat, surfboard, bicycle, scuba gear, glow-in-the-dark thongs, or anything else "summery".

You may disregard all values for Enfield Bullets given in the similar online NADAGuides, as they merely quote the original new sticker prices for some reason. If a dealer or seller should reference the NADA value  as some purported proof of what a great deal you're getting, they very possibly deserve a squirt of lime in the eyeball.

You may already be aware that because of their comparatively short production run, AVL ownership can bring with it an added dimension of difficulty where obtaining spare parts is concerned. It may not be as challenging as nursing along a 1928 Snordley-Humpmobile, but it seems to be getting there. They are  pretty though, aren't they?--arguably the prettiest Bullets of all.

As for there being 6,800 miles on the clock after a decade, one might argue that this could be interpreted as a fair auspice. It means the bike was used. The real dogs out there tend to get little road use at all.

How 'bout some pictures?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:57:20 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.