Author Topic: Is Himalayan the best choice for my first bike?  (Read 7336 times)

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 10:13:52 am
Then again, our gal Noralee seems to be getting those kilometers under her belt with no EFI electro-gremlins besieging Basanti. Besides which, when she says "kilometers," I get a warm and tender feeling all over. So there's that.

You and me both, must be an age thing.
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

nirvanausual

• Neophyte
Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 11:29:18 am
Himalayan is my first bike. Was a great bike to learn on. I got to try all aspects of motorcycling (except going very fast haha). It is also very happy to be dropped down and keep on going. Dropped it countless times and only minor damage to mirrors etc. and with the low price of the Himalayan I was able to also purchase a used Honda Goldwing to strip naked and go fast on once I got a taste for speed.

shareit app vidmate Vidmate apk

nirvanausual

• Neophyte
Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 11:30:20 am
Himalayan is my first bike. Was a great bike to learn on. I got to try all aspects of motorcycling (except going very fast haha). It is also very happy to be dropped down and keep on going. Dropped it countless times and only minor damage to mirrors etc. and with the low price of the Himalayan I was able to also purchase a used Honda Goldwing to strip naked and go fast on once I got a taste for speed.

shareit app vidmate Vidmate apk

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 11:55:42 pm
Sorry, missed your question.
The original BS3 version in India had carbs. The model changed to EFi in 2017. I think the current Australian Himalayan still has carbs. It really depends on what the local emission laws are.
Can still get a carbed one in Australia. They might be old stock by now though, IDK.  My mate had a choice of either and chose the carb version. It seems to work fine.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E