Author Topic: Stolen bullet in Saint Paul, MN [RECOVERED!]  (Read 9474 times)

Frogman8

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 05:01:44 am
I think this is the replacement toolbox lock for your bike.
https://westerncyclesupply.com/toolbox-lock-set/

After bookmarking the link do read the story of the shop. Very interesting. Wishing the young owner great success. Guys like him float our boat.
2011 G5: The 'new' 'Toofan' Mail. Thunderous name.. pedestrian pace
2008 Iron Barrel: Sold in a moment of madness
2001 Triumph Legend 900
2013 Kawasaki KLX 250, will ride someday
1991 Honda Nighthawk: Sold...Incredibly boring
1982 Honda Magna V45: Hmm
1988 Jawa/ Yezdi 350 twin: Many miles, more stor

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: September 15, 2019, 01:41:00 pm
I think this is the replacement toolbox lock for your bike.
https://westerncyclesupply.com/toolbox-lock-set/

After bookmarking the link do read the story of the shop. Very interesting. Wishing the young owner great success. Guys like him float our boat.

The cool thing about the story is a lot of the people on this forum were right there with me, we went through the "trial by fire" together. I was the front line for a long time, thankfully we hired some experts (shout out to ScooterBob) and I was able to step back a little.
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: September 15, 2019, 11:47:30 pm
About half way thru reading the "Our Story" in the link I said to myself, "Why!  That has to be Tim that's writing this." and sure enough, at the end of the story it was signed, "Tim". :)

For those who don't want to take the time to follow Frogman8's link to the key lock, here's a link to the story:

https://westerncyclesupply.com/our-story/
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 10:34:35 pm
Just got my bike back Saturday. Spent all day Sunday doing some wrenching. Sore as hell, but I'd do it again.

Still clinging to hope that I can find something close enough to velvet green on the shelf, and i may have gotten close. Chrysler had a color called forest green pearl around the early 2000s, and also around that time, Honda had a color called clover green pearl. They seem close. Talked to a guy recently with a clover green Honda, and there's a forest green Dakota down the block, so I have some real world examples handy.

I might not need it, though. The name decal had been scoured off about as badly as the toolbox had been scraped up, and a whole lot of elbow grease and some Meguiars Ultimate Compound shined that right back up.

I'm just happy to be back in the saddle when it all comes down to it.
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #19 on: September 17, 2019, 07:15:23 pm
Hell, that's just "patina", Royal Stargazer. Not only am I stoked that you got your ride back in more or less one piece, but the fact that our long-acknowledged "Parts Guru" Tim is making a go of it with his Western Cycle Supply has me already pondering unneeded purchases in his online catalog just to help keep that boat afloat. Guys: buy a few filters or a decent clutch cable or something! Tim's your only hope for quality goodies for legacy models this side of the pond!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:29:18 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 02:48:38 am
Just bought some clutch switches from Tim.His prices are good, and he mails priority if you want.  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 04:13:30 am
You know, Bilgemaster, You're right. If I can't get the scratches out, then that's what they are - patina. I dig it. After all, it adds character. I'll start with the ultimate compound and elbow grease. Real excited to find out about Western Cycle Supply, too! Hopefully this will give me a domestic alternative to the great H. Hell, I'd just love to find another source for a fish tail silencer end like they've got.

In other news, the small 12V 5AH battery is in, as is the Bosch blue coil. She starts and runs just fine. I can't wait to get out and do some riding!
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine