Author Topic: Grinding noise and trouble starting  (Read 9414 times)

taildraggin

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 03:23:44 am
I just bought a used 65 for fixing up.  The starter spins, but no engagement.  I removed the primary covers today and they were filled with the sprag teeth and bits of the races that hold them. 

Didn't cause any other damage, but it's definitely something to get to.  Saturday afternoon job.

(I'll never cuss a stuck Bendix gear again.)

- Charlie

1977 HD XLCR
1937 HD ULH
Diesel Enfield abirthing from a 2004 Sixty-5

Motor

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 07:58:27 pm
You have to see it coming in the mirror first, pulling the clutch and selecting gear dont take that long,--if you see it coming.

If I have to stop quick at the lights I will pull right over to the left (right in your case).

Actually we have count down lights in Thailand, do you have those in US?

No we don't wish we did it makes it much better to drive in city traffic with them.  I got hooked on them in Germany back in the mid 90's.  Will.

Although the countdown lights would be a no-brainer, here in Houston, Texas, they would go against the spirit of the town government.  You see, our Mayor and Council have opted to enhance revenue in the name of safety by installing cameras that take your picture when you run a red light, with subsequent fine in the mail.  Then, when people become aware, they shorten the yellow warning light.  The result is either a fine or a rear-end collision if you stop fast enough.  All in the name of safety.