Author Topic: royal enfield parts/parts list and suppliers  (Read 2150 times)

xroads

• Scooter
on: April 14, 2019, 03:46:33 pm
thanks to all who answered about my initial ? concerning my new to me bike (2002 500s clubman)
got a copy of pete snidal service manual which gave me some help.
sent an email to watsonian looking for some info as well.
could use some pointers on where to get parts lists and source parts for iron barrel enfields.
still trying to sort out lack of spark, but weather has been against me.
would like to get it on the road soon.
thanks

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 03:56:13 pm
CMW, who originally hosted this forum site as the previous US importer, had tech packages printed out. Included were parts lists and factory manual. Try calling Tim at Ft Worth RE parts and see if they have any left.

They also bought up all CMW inventory, so they probably have a lot of odds and ends left.
Other than that, it is Hitchcock or India street vendors on eBay.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

xroads

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:20:38 am
ouch!.  never liked having only one source of parts/info.
overseas is always a crap shoot.
thinking maybe I should have gone w/continental gt after all.
will try your source on mon am.
thanks

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 10:55:55 am

If your Clubman has the stock ignition, this uses an Indian copy of the Lucas 4CA contact breaker assembly, as used on mid-60's BSA singles, so a classic Brit bike parts shop could help, but this sort of stuff is freely available on ebay. Coil is generic 12V.

If it has a Boyer electronic ignition, see what type it is. If it has a Mk3 TCI box, throw it away at get a Mk4, or else fit a Pazon Sure Fire or Pazon Altair ignition.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

xroads

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:26 pm
spares that came w/bike had a "boyer" box containing old style points/condenser setup.
will try and determine which type it is if it ever stops raining.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:29 pm
thanks to all who answered about my initial ? concerning my new to me bike (2002 500s clubman)
got a copy of pete snidal service manual which gave me some help.
sent an email to watsonian looking for some info as well.
could use some pointers on where to get parts lists and source parts for iron barrel enfields.
would like to get it on the road soon.
thanks

I should have mentioned that there is a factory-published 'Spare Parts Catalog', officially known as Part 142145 (updated May 2003) that I have found very helpful with my own 2005, and which should cover the bulk of yours. There is also something called the 'Super Factory Service Manual, Volume I' compiled by Classic Motorsports, which was until a few years ago the main US importer of Enfields. It actually contains reprints of three manuals: 'Bullet 4 - Speed Workshop Manual', '50th Anniversary Service Manual' and 'Electra(X) Workshop Manual'. It's a huge muddled affair, large portions of which look like they were first printed on stale toast during the Coolidge Administration and then buried in a peat bog, but it's something. To their credit, Classic Motorworks did do a good job laying in clearly legible foldout wiring diagrams too.

I imagine our Forum's hosts in Fort Worth, who are the successors to Classic Motorworks, might be able to sort you out with copies of the two.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 01:15:25 pm
Somewhere (!) I still have an electronic copy of the Watsonian-Squire Bullet accessories catalog(ue) from 2007-ish, if I can find it from where it's buried on the hard drive I shall post it here.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...