Author Topic: Online parts ordering  (Read 4956 times)

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
on: April 04, 2019, 04:52:49 PM
Howdy all,

Been ages since I've been on this site or needed to order Enfield parts.  I could swear that at one time the Baker Motorsport / Ft. Worth RE shop web site had an online parts ordering section where one could just find the part, order and pay for it all online.  Now there just seems to be some sort of online query form to fill out and wait for a response.

It's highly likely I'm just looking in the wrong place or something.

Where is the go-to online Enfiled parts ordering web site these days?  I want to purchase from a U.S. supplier.

Cheers,

Dn K.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 02:39:03 AM
Their parts ordering website is "temporarily down," and has been for many months. I called Ft. Worth a couple of weeks ago, as directed by what's left of their parts site, to buy some grommet or other, and was basically blown off by the lady who answered who told me they probably didn't have it since it was an old iron barrel part, and referred me to eBay. Turns out they did have that part for sale through their eBay store. So, maybe they're just using that eBay storefront instead of their own for the time being? Hard to say for sure, but it's kind of a dumb move for the long term, since it pits them head-to-head with Indian suppliers who'll beat their prices every time, typically with free delivery, if you don't mind waiting a bit.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:49:44 AM by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 09:57:27 PM
Dan,   If you already know your part # give Tim Hirdler a call. AFAIK he's still THE guy to contact for parts. He may have to order it/them, but he'll have a straight answer for ya.   682-730-2705
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 08:34:57 PM
Thank you both.

Cheers,

Dan K.

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:46:17 PM
BTW welcome back!My mate from Aurora and I have been through Blackhawk more than once. He can't ride anymore due to eye problems, but it's always been a good ride!
'12 C5 Classic

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 09:17:28 PM
Don't know what mjsales/reftw did with the parts inventory they got from CMW but it sure isn't on their ebay store!

JohnE

• Neophyte
Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 07:42:17 PM
Where are we getting parts from in the US? I ordered something from Baker Motorsports/Fort Worth R.E. in November when they were closing that part of the business. They didn't have what I needed, they ordered from Milwaukee. Today I tried to order from Milwaukee and was told their parts guy is off for a week. "So, what do we do?" I asked. I was told that all parts come from a warehouse in Fort Worth. I asked for a number or email contact, I was told I would have to order through a dealership, they would order from Fort Worth.
When we need a part, we need it immediately. It should be easier than this. It was until recently.

So, any direct link to parts without ordering from overseas (Hitchcock's or India)? If India, who is recommended? I've had some ridiculously poorly crafted items ordered from India. And even unusable parts from Hitchcock's. Hitchcock's apologized and offered to refund if I sent an item back, but it wasn't worth the freight cost.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 05:15:37 PM
To perhaps answer your question about Indian vendors, I have been perfectly satisfied with the few inconsequential knick-knacks I have ordered from the eBay vendor 'Enfield County'. The items take a few weeks to arrive, but have all seemed perfectly fine, either OEM (front brake switches) or decent enough aftermarket stuff (headlamp peak, sidestand, wacky brass 'sword key and scabbard' ignition key).

I'd LIKE to order the more consequential bits from our hosts in Ft. Worth as I have in the past, if only to help support this Forum, but there's no denying that they bluntly blew me off on the phone a few weeks back. If I had had the part number handy, or had spoken with that Tim fellow folks mention, it might have been a different matter. Maybe the gal I spoke with was just having a bad day. I'm very likely to give them a second chance when I next need something important, but will ask specifically for Tim.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:55:56 PM by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 11:17:04 PM
I've not taken the time to contact the Fort Worth Folks.
Each and every order is placed through Tim. This guy is the GURU of RE parts, and I really don't think the FW folks have as great an appreciation of him as they really should.

He can be reached here: 1-(682)-730-2705, as at last report, he's working from home in Californy somewhere (poor guy  ;) ).

He's never failed me for parts for my '06 ElectraX, and he's a real straight shooter. It's possible he'll have to order a part from India, and if the OEM part is just not available, I put money on his ability to find a good third-party copy.

'12 C5 Classic

JohnE

• Neophyte
Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 05:21:03 PM
Thanks for the replies!

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 01:41:55 AM
I work at a dealership, and know that RENA is in the process of rolling out an interactive parts lookup and ordering system for dealers.  Hopefully this will help with expediting ordering.  I have also been told that the rumor is that Baker Motorsports is getting out of the parts business....

We will see....

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 12:58:40 AM
I work at a dealership, and know that RENA is in the process of rolling out an interactive parts lookup and ordering system for dealers.  Hopefully this will help with expediting ordering.  I have also been told that the rumor is that Baker Motorsports is getting out of the parts business....

We will see....

Sounds like the kind of crap that can only harm Royal Enfield and anyone who owns one.

I can understand how the other dealers might feel when people in their neighborhood orders parts from Baker using the internet but I also understand that every dealer can't afford to carry a total line of parts.

It seems that rather than having a central place for the home mechanics to buy parts, RENA would rather force us all to deal with the local dealer (who will then have to order the parts, probably from Baker).

If this is true, it's truly a sad state of affairs.

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 03:57:37 AM
Sounds like the kind of crap that can only harm Royal Enfield and anyone who owns one.

I can understand how the other dealers might feel when people in their neighborhood orders parts from Baker using the internet but I also understand that every dealer can't afford to carry a total line of parts.

It seems that rather than having a central place for the home mechanics to buy parts, RENA would rather force us all to deal with the local dealer (who will then have to order the parts, probably from Baker).

If this is true, it's truly a sad state of affairs.

I am not sure I am following your comment, Arizoni.  But maybe I should expand on what I was saying.  The current dealer tool for parts lookup is a pdf file of parts diagrams.  Each pdf contains over 80 diagrams and pages to go with said diagrams to look up the part.  The scroll function is the only controls you have to search for parts.  What RENA is rolling out is supposed to be an interface for expediting parts searching for the parts clerk and an uploading feature to place parts orders through RENA.  This is very similar to what the Big 4 have been doing for years.  If it works as presented to me, it should be an improvement for customer service in the parts and service departments.

This is separate and unrelated to my comment about the rumor that Baker was discontinuing parts sales on their website.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 02:46:19 AM
My comments were about Baker stopping internet sales to individuals.

If an individual doesn't have the option of ordering the part without dealing with the local dealer it makes getting parts difficult for many.

Many people don't have a recognized RENA approved dealer in their neighborhood.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 02:08:58 PM
Or in their STATE!
'12 C5 Classic