Author Topic: Thread missing or people getting banned ?  (Read 1601 times)

ChristofR

• Scooter
on: August 08, 2020, 06:56:39 pm
There was a thread about Royal Enfield Himalayan panniers which I replied to today. Going through my browsers history, it says the thread has either been removed or I have been locked out of it.
If I've been locked out of it, can any forum administrator please have the decency to tell me why ?

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 09:34:28 pm
I'm kinda new to the "Mod Squad", but I see no mention of your user name "ChristofR" in the Moderation Log  viewable by Admins. So, as far as I can tell you can rest assured there's been no action whatsoever taken concerning you. If you're referring to the thread at https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php?topic=28929.0;all, it seems to be intact. It does seems to be getting unnecessarily "fussy" though.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

ChristofR

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 10:34:58 pm
I'm kinda new to the "Mod Squad", but I see no mention of your user name "ChristofR" in the Moderation Log  viewable by Admins. So, as far as I can tell you can rest assured there's been no action whatsoever taken concerning you. If you're referring to the thread at https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php?topic=28929.0;all, it seems to be intact. It does seems to be getting unnecessarily "fussy" though.

This is the message I'm getting when clicking on that thread's link :
"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 11:03:38 pm
I am no longer seeing that thread either and I am getting the same message when I click on the thread link. It was up and running earlier today, but no longer.   ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Toni59

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 04:52:57 am
I have started that missing thread About Aluminium panniers for Himalayan and also can‘t find it any more - what has happened to it?

Regards

Toni

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 11:16:59 am
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to kick this issue up the food chain. I can see the thread at https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php?topic=28929.0 just fine, but clearly others are having issues with it.

Update: Please try viewing that thread now. I think I may have managed to "Restore" it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:37:06 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Toni59

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 12:34:39 pm
For me it is now also visible again - thanks a lot :-)

Toni

ChristofR

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 01:12:59 pm
Everything ok now !

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 05:43:28 pm
There was a thread about Royal Enfield Himalayan panniers which I replied to today. Going through my browsers history, it says the thread has either been removed or I have been locked out of it.
If I've been locked out of it, can any forum administrator please have the decency to tell me why ?

It looks like the topic was deleted by the original poster, I expect this is just by mistake as I have found a few other topics buried in the recycle bin and restored these back too. I have removed this particular permission from normal member accounts, and hopefully this will prevent it happening in the future.

Just to note, we have never actually had to ban any members on this forum other than blatant spammers. 

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 06:01:23 am
Just to note, we have never actually had to ban any members on this forum

And thus the admin throws down a challenge  8)
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500