Author Topic: New to me 2010  (Read 9025 times)

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 02:09:09 am
Congratulations!  Lovely in Classic Black.  May it provide you years of reliable and pleasant riding as well as a successful ACE Motors testbed.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #31 on: March 27, 2019, 04:18:50 am
Cool!
 ;D
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: March 31, 2019, 06:16:18 pm
New chain is on.
LEDs are in the Tiger eyes, rear turn signals, rear running/brake light and the three lights in the speedo. That's the brights, neutral and turn signal. The photo of the 'eyes' shows the two different bulbs.
I got the battery terminals facing outward, getting the kink out of the cables and getting them away from the fuel line as well! I configured some auto battery cable with copper lead caps. I sealed the joints with big shrink tubing. The hot cable is bolted onto the extender and goobed up with dielectric grease and tucked under the intake tract.
Going for an oil change today.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 06:20:24 pm by Guaire »
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: March 31, 2019, 06:17:55 pm
The horn button told me why it had a problem. It was compressed and not springing back. I don't like the look of its contact either. Too risky. A fresh switch should be arriving tomorrow.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #34 on: March 31, 2019, 07:35:37 pm
ACE Motors is getting a very nice testbed that photographs well too.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: March 31, 2019, 10:06:12 pm
ACE Motors is getting a very nice testbed that photographs well too.

Plenty of basic tasks for now.
Oil change went ok.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 12:23:21 am
Yeah, the side lights are much brighter and bluer with LEDs in them. I can now push my bike around in the dark if I need to move it with just the LED sidelights, something that was near impossible to do previously.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 01:52:55 am
I got a new horn and a used left side switch pod. The used was weathered and faded with dry rotted tubing. But, the horn switch was in good shape. I unsoldered it and re soldered into my switch. Amazingly, the horn started working!
  Installed the Memphis Shades Shooter windscreen.
  Removed the pillion seat cushion. Then I put the seat frame rails back on and put on a rear pack. Got the old saddle bags hanging on there. This C5 is turning into a regular touring bike.
  If I ever get a delivery from Hitchcock's I'll do something about the main light.

Here's a tip for only 2010 Bullet owners, since it's the only Bullet without a kick lever.
Starting has been easy. After warm ups and it's time to get into first gear....not so good. I can't kick the clutch free without a kicker. Today before starting, I pulled in the clutch, engaged first gear and pushed the bike forward to clear the clutch grab. Then I started and when I dropped into first gear, there was no lurching clutch snag. That's to save the sprag gear on the starter system.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 04:26:01 am
Looking better and better.  I won't ask which is more comfortable -- C5 or CGT -- or ACE Motors might have to find another testbed. ;)

Based on my experience, the clutch overnight stickiness will decrease over time and with a second oil change.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 05:05:50 pm
Looking better and better.  I won't ask which is more comfortable -- C5 or CGT -- or ACE Motors might have to find another testbed. ;)

Based on my experience, the clutch overnight stickiness will decrease over time and with a second oil change.

I just did an oil change. I presume it wasn't the first. Just a little fuzz on the magnet/bolt.

The old plug is a BP7ES. The new one is a BPR6ES. Old = very rich. New = a little hot on the tip, but looking good. The new plug is goobed up with anti - seize.

One thing about the C5 vs the CGT; they are very different weapons. The Harris frame vs the oldie are for different purposes. Need more comparison time.

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 04:49:28 pm
Nice job on all this Guaire! I am doing the BRP on 8/3 from Charlottesville. Have you done it?
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead