Author Topic: OEM Bazooka Muffler  (Read 5326 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: March 02, 2019, 10:11:46 pm
  I have the huge muffler here in my garage (in Rhode Island), that I took off my 2008 AVL. It has literally no mileage on it. If anyone wants it for the shipping, let me know.  Part #540090/a . I think they're around $600.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Beardo

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 12:26:48 pm
I realize the UCE is a different animal, but will it work on a 2013 Bullet?
2000 Bullet 500

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 12:48:53 pm
I realize the UCE is a different animal, but will it work on a 2013 Bullet?

I'm not sure what you mean by "will it work"?

If you mean will your 2013 UCE header pipe fit into the I.D. of this 2008 AVL muffler, I have no clue.

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Beardo

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 03:16:35 pm
Me either. That's why I asked.
2000 Bullet 500

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:16:25 pm
It probably will fit with a reducer, the O/D of the AVL pipe is 1.75", the EFI/UCE pipes are 1.625" (OK, 1⅝").

A,

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 01:29:44 am
Did Beardo end up with it? 'Cause if he cannot use it on that EFI he's giving his cousin, I'd give that monster salami a good home--but ONLY if he's absolutely certain he wants to pass on it.

I'm pretty sure my 2005 Iron Barrel's downpipe's 1.75" OD and still wearing the stock silencer, which I'm OK with for now. Most likely I'd just keep Tooseevee's as a spare in case of some mishap. Maybe  I'd experiment with it at some point with a couple of those lonnngggg aircraft drillbits, just to see if one can't open up its breathing just a little.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Beardo

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 04:36:07 pm
I would feel more comfortable with a muffler from a UCE. So, I officially pass. Thank you anyhow.
2000 Bullet 500

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 06:14:27 pm
I'm pretty sure my 2005 Iron Barrel's downpipe's 1.75" OD and still wearing the stock silencer, which I'm OK with for now. Most likely I'd just keep Tooseevee's as a spare in case of some mishap. Maybe  I'd experiment with it at some point with a couple of those lonnngggg aircraft drillbits, just to see if one can't open up its breathing just a little.

If you really want it, I will haul it down to the UPS store and discuss how and how much to ship it and let you know here. Just understand that this is not easy for me for many reasons + + and there ain't gonna be no hurryin' on my part  :) :)

And to shamefully misquote Dave in 2001: "It's FULL of baffles".
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:19:19 pm by tooseevee »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 09:25:22 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0

I wonder what Kubrick had been smoking?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 11:22:42 pm
            If you really want it, I will haul it down to the UPS store and discuss how and how much to ship it and let you know here. Just understand that this is not easy for me for many reasons + + and there ain't gonna be no hurryin' on my part  :) :)

And to shamefully misquote Dave in 2001: "It's FULL of baffles".

Whenever you get around to it will be more than soon enough for me. Please don't go to any  extra trouble. In fact, I'm pretty sure UPS will even come to one's place and pick it up if it's sent like 2nd Day or better. I'm happy to pay the extra to spare you the trouble of a trip to the shop. Just shoot me a PM or toss a note into the box with the shipping cost, and a check will follow quickly. Thanx!

How a horizon of infinite baffles might appear
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 03:21:22 am
Whenever you get around to it will be more than soon enough for me. Please don't go to any  extra trouble. In fact, I'm pretty sure UPS will even come to one's place and pick it up if it's sent like 2nd Day or better. I'm happy to pay the extra to spare you the trouble of a trip to the shop. Just shoot me a PM or toss a note into the box with the shipping cost, and a check will follow quickly. Thanx!

How a horizon of infinite baffles might appear

I am infinitely baffled every time I leave the house nowadays  :) :)

I'll get on it and gitter dun. They'll just throw it away when I die anyway. I'd better sell the bike soon, too, or they'll have 1-800-GOTJUNK haul THAT to the dump also  :( :(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:24:04 am by tooseevee »

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 03:17:06 pm
Day or better. I'm happy to pay the extra to spare you the trouble of a trip to the shop. Just shoot me a PM or toss a note into the box with the shipping cost, and a check will follow quickly. Thanx!

Shoot me your address in a PM. I didn't save it. They may also want a fonumber.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:37:20 pm by tooseevee »

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 04:12:21 am
I'm pretty sure I have an unused 2016 C5 muffler in my workshop.  Will verify Monday or Tuesday.  Same deal as 2CV -- just pay USPS from Descanso, CA.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 12:29:29 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0

I wonder what Kubrick had been smoking?

A.

Kubrick was a genius regardless of what he smoked or didn't smoke.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 03:01:37 pm
Ain't that the truth?

My apologies to anyone who saw this one coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTaSJk0n_Y

A.