Author Topic: good Himalayan BS4 reviews by Noraly ("Itchy Boots")  (Read 41862 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #45 on: July 27, 2019, 02:38:40 pm
Noraly's videos are always fun to watch.  In fact, although I've watched it a couple of times before, I just clicked on the link and watched it again. :)

I think one of my favorite incidents was shown several episodes back when she stopped out in the middle of no where to talk to the two old men.  They offered her some vodka.
I can't help but think those two old guys will spend the rest of their lives with a big smile on their faces while they are thinking back to the day an angel rode up and shared a few moments with them just because they were there.

Ditto for everything you say (that way I don't have to type  :) ).

I fell behind and just caught up on 109, 110 and 111 this morning. They just get better and better. She' is an mazing girl.

I thought it was interesting that the ECU did not like something about the drone's signal feedback into the PowerTronic and put out what must have been a really annoying (to Noraly) MIL light. Because the bike has been so good for her, it must have bothered her no end.

The bike has now gone 18,000+ miles with nothing that I wouldn't call anything other than ordinary maintenance for what the girl is putting the bike through. The only thing you could possibly have called partly her fault might be that clutch problem.   

It sounds to me and I may be wrong, that she does tend to slip the clutch a little, but the bike IS pretty well loaded and 1st may be just a hair high for the load. So I (emphasized) can't really comment because I am not on the bike.

Overall she's a great rider, a great woman and just a great person.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 07:23:36 am
After watching Itchyboots adventures on the Himalayan on a near nightly screen watch I thought I might as well buy one myself and try it out. Unfortunately here in the land down under the bs4 fuel injected model is not available or not as yet so I guess I will have to settle for carby version.
So I've lined up a new May/019 plated bike in matte black and will have it delivered by end of month.
I guess I can thank Itchyboots for giving me the inspiration to try this bike out as since its release I've actually looked at it a couple of times in the dealer showrooms and sat on one once and thought - it's really not for me!
But seeing I scored this new bike at a great cash discount due to a dealer close down/sell out I plan to put a few aftermarket parts on it and jazz it up and see how it goes.
so if Noraly can get 30,000 km out of her Himalayan so far -it sounds pretty good to me and it appears a lot better bike than I once thought.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 11:18:20 am
...if Noraly can get 30,000 km out of her Himalayan so far -it sounds pretty good to me and it appears a lot better bike than I once thought.

Well... hers is  better... she got lucky.  Imagine how different the Itchy Boots travelogue would have been had she bought the "other type"  of RE...

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: August 17, 2019, 02:16:57 am
yeah your right. ive had say 15 c5 in total or close to it. not one would equal my triumph street scrambler. as the story goes -you only get what you pay for. anyway I have bought the Himalayan so that's a done deal. I am going to load it up with about $2000 in after market parts or accessories which im about to buy worldwide and see what happens

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #49 on: August 17, 2019, 01:09:43 pm
yeah your right. ive had say 15 c5 in total or close to it. not one would equal my triumph street scrambler. as the story goes -you only get what you pay for. anyway I have bought the Himalayan so that's a done deal. I am going to load it up with about $2000 in after market parts or accessories which im about to buy worldwide and see what happens

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: August 17, 2019, 02:06:26 pm
I was going tp get rid of all my bikes and go back to cars but I thought -just one more hit...lol so cashed two of them. so its only the new Himalayan on order and the triumph and load them up with a few accessories. I still think the interceptor is the better built bike in the enfield range but within a month I will know for sure.
either way I am glad I have bought a 5/19 plate Himalayan bike compared to the earlier 017 bikes which hopefully should have ironed out a few of the earlier bike problems.
but what I can tell you is this- I won't be taking it to any long distance dealer. I will be getting some-one local to check the valves. if it goes pear shape and goes down hill - I don't really care! you only get what you pay for and I guess I didn't pay much!...lol

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: August 17, 2019, 05:14:32 pm
      Episode 122 finally out this AM.

She finally got new tires. I was a little worried because she's been commenting that her tires were not good for quite a few miles.

Brief sighting of one of my top 5 favoritest cars of my whole lifetime at a toll booth and just so happens one of the best friends I ever had escaped from the Milosevic, Karadzic, Mladic days from Slovenia in one. He had almost made it to Sweden when he was beat up half to death and it was stolen.

Noraly carries on.... :)  and the bike never seems to even fart.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #52 on: August 17, 2019, 08:39:17 pm
I was going tp get rid of all my bikes and go back to cars but I thought -just one more hit...lol so cashed two of them. so its only the new Himalayan on order and the triumph and load them up with a few accessories. I still think the interceptor is the better built bike in the enfield range but within a month I will know for sure.
either way I am glad I have bought a 5/19 plate Himalayan bike compared to the earlier 017 bikes which hopefully should have ironed out a few of the earlier bike problems.
but what I can tell you is this- I won't be taking it to any long distance dealer. I will be getting some-one local to check the valves. if it goes pear shape and goes down hill - I don't really care! you only get what you pay for and I guess I didn't pay much!...lol

Are you going to become
"Itchy Bum" once you get the Himalayan.

33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #53 on: August 17, 2019, 11:03:00 pm
Yup Tooseevee.  As soon as I saw that 2CV on the trailer I thought, "Whoh!  Old Tooseevee is going to be cheering and jumping up and down !!  Noraly said right there on her video she thought a 2CV was "cute".

Of course, I know Tooseevee was thinking it was him she was talking about.  ;D ;D ;D ::)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: August 18, 2019, 12:44:40 am
well in actual fact I bought a bike I really hated the look of. a bike once you could not have sold me new for 3k...lol but it appears better than it looks so I might as well try it out and see how it goes around the bush country. plus I might even hit a few fishing holes. I have a few plans lined up for it.
I read a few back thread on them and they too have been plagued by problems so it too is the luck of the draw...lol

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #55 on: August 18, 2019, 03:00:37 am
The only problems I've read about were frame welds and weaknesses on the first ones offered for sale to the public.

That shut down the assembly line for quite a long time while they redesigned the problem areas and corrected their welding procedures.
The bike Noraly is riding is one of the redesigned models.

I'm surprised they aren't offering a fuel injected version in the "Down Under".  Even the ones sold in India are fuel injected.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: August 18, 2019, 12:14:47 pm
not as yet. still the carby non abs version. I think they are just trying to shift the old stock. the ex dealer I bought this bike from said that when and if the FI ever arrives in Australia  he thinks it may jump up quite a few $$$ in price and if that does happens -not till 2020

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: August 18, 2019, 01:51:54 pm
Yup Tooseevee.  As soon as I saw that 2CV on the trailer I thought, "Whoh!  Old Tooseevee is going to be cheering and jumping up and down !!  Noraly said right there on her video she thought a 2CV was "cute".

Of course, I know Tooseevee was thinking it was him she was talking about.  ;D ;D ;D ::)

Ha!  I could only wish   :) :) She'd outdo me in a half hour and leave me in the dust; riding or anything else  ;) ;) nudge nudge.

Just coincidentally, the 2CV that I spent 4 years doing a total disassembly restoration of spent its first 10 years in Holland. The restoration book that went to the new owner weighed about 5 pounds. I remounted the original license plate when it was finished. 

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: August 19, 2019, 08:25:00 pm
I was going to say that I knew I should have bought  a Dolly when I had the chance years ago but it does not sound quite right :)

Anyway, that's a nice looking job you did there.

You will have been watching the hubnut vids no doubt then tooseevee?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:27:33 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27:16 pm
Itchy Boots is in Austria in Episode 123 and plans to head back to Holland soon.  At the beginning of the video she mentions that she plans to spend a couple of months at home an then intends to start a new adventure, riding from Patagonia to Alaska. That should be quite an adventure.  Hopefully, she will bypass the Darien Gap.  :o
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1