Author Topic: FULL REVIEW ON THE 650 INTERCEPTOR WITH PHOTOS AND THE HONEYMOON REPORT  (Read 2185 times)

dickim

• Grease Monkey
Hey Bill - come down to Perth, next Thurs they are launching the new twin 😝 you may fancy the chrome GT like me, promise to buy off you 😛
Seriously - when they say W.A means Wait Awhile they mean it!!!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
yeah I wonder will they charge the same price in the western state or bump it up a bit.
2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014  gt
2014 C5 tan
2015 black/chrome
2015 dispatch
2016 lagoon blue 500
2016  ash white 350
2017 graphite/chrome 500
2018 gun metal grey 500
2018 C5 Pegasus 500
2017 C5 Redditch 50
2018 C5 gun metal grey
2019 650 interceptor

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
I visited my mate yesterday who's just bought a 650 Interceptor. we went for a bit of a ride and swapped bikes for a bit. I did 30km on his new scooter. It's a very different beast to the CGT, that's for sure. Most things are pretty familiar but it all looks better made and finished. The engine is an eye opener. It's quiet, makes power and is so smooth! Wow. I have a Yamaha TRX850, also a parallel twin, This enfield motor is much smoother than the Yammy. It's going to be a good bike, I think. On the downside, the motor doesn't have much character, if that's important to you. I kind of think it is and is the reason I passed on a BMW F800RS a few years ago.
He's now having to field questions from older gents in the street, just like us!
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
Monster
DR250
Honda C90
TRX850
DRZ400SM

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Well, all the magazine writers and critics said it had to be smooth like a Japanese bike, and have Japanese bike "push a button and ride" convenience, and basically have everything like a Japanese bike.

So, now there is another Japanese bike on the market with a RE badge.
Congratulations.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Better late than never. Royal Enfield should have built this bike in 1968.   ;)
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
So, my question is how different is the Interceptor from a Bonneville? Is the Bonneville "just like a Japanese bike"?  ???

I have a Bonneville and it feels fine to me... I've done some common induction, exhaust, dyno mods...it's definately not a boring bike!  ;)

I will be test riding a CGT twin later this week, and am hoping to get some feel for what the Interceptor will be like.

I am very curious how the air cooled Interceptor compares to the air cooled Bonnie. I will be waiting until May to find out for myself... ::)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Forged Dome Piston, Ported head and H.P. Cams by SB/GHG, PC-V, K&N,
K-70's, Koso, Premium EFI Silencer
2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black
2012 Triumph Scrambler with DMC M-72D Sidecar
2019 Chrome Interceptor 650 (on order)

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
We'll, not my cup of tea, not even a kickstarter, for cryin out loud ::)
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
We'll, not my cup of tea, not even a kickstarter, for cryin out loud ::)

Ironically a kickstart 650 twin probably fires up a lot easier than a 500cc single :D

That said the likelihood of a successful first go kick start has always been inversely proportional to the number of people watching you try :D  Halve that likelihood again if any of the watchers are young cute and female.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
A young, cute female wouldn't know what the f...  you were doing.  Last big group ride I went on with the GT, some seasoned riders there had never seen a bike kick started.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
Monster
DR250
Honda C90
TRX850
DRZ400SM