Author Topic: FULL REVIEW ON THE 650 INTERCEPTOR WITH PHOTOS AND THE HONEYMOON REPORT  (Read 20571 times)

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Wild Bill,  If you must know, Beer, Pizza and piece of mind.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead

I have $$$ to burn I am not sure where I will plant it.

I suppose you could always pick up the much talked about upcoming 650 Himalayan as the next port of call in your Enfield saga.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
well I don't drink but I do eat pizza...lol and just bought another camera. evemn I am starting to think wtf do I need 5 cameras as its hard enough to use just one.
I would probably give the himalayan a go as ive tried the rest. its something I could keep in mind.
meanwhile ive had no choice but to get on the C5..lol and try it out again after a couple of weeks.
really its not that bad and I can see now why I have bought so many over the years...that bike has character!
I actually rode it 50 miles yesterday and really enjoyed the run.
so you really can be happy either on 27 or 47 hp. it doesn't matter what you have as long as you enjoy the ride
enough of the crap talk!
no! I really did enjoy the run. I actually liked the slower pace of the bike and as the song goes......the vibes they tingle and run through the bars...LOL

Alan France

• Scooter
That just seems like bad luck. These things happen especially when somethings new. A few years ago I bought a Ford Probe new. It came with the wrong wheel nut key. The dealers response was we will cut the wheel studs off! Anyway I kept it for 268,000 miles before the gearbox gave out. I managed to get the nuts off and replaced them with a new set.
As for the filler debacle it must be really irritating ,disappointing and very frustrating. I suppose the barrel will need to be drilled out assuming you have put some lubricant in there and all the other obvious stuff. If it were me Id persevere even if meant the dealer providing a new tank? The pump would  have to be swopped over. Surely this is a warranty issue? At least providing a new cap and keys?
 Hope you get it sorted. I will probably get one later in the year.
The Himalayan had a lot of teething problems when it was launched- mainly bearings. The twins have supposedly been tested and tested again to avoid a repetition of so many recalls/ warranty claims. I think you have been unlucky. What a shame!
UK. Alan France
2012 Thunderbird 500 twin spark - black
2014 GT dual saddle - blue
2015 GT single saddle - red

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Unlucky? Well, that's a relative term. I'm about to dive into a fun ball pit of mangled starter sprag clutch chunks this morning. Where's the line for dodgy fuel cap key that'll be replaced under warranty? I'd rather be in that one.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
bilgemaster
true ive been there on that sprag clutch issue...lol no picnic.
yeah I don't care much about moving out the bike. if I decide I want another interceptor later I will ring them up and just tell the dealer I am ready for another bike -chrome please
at this stage I am more interested in that watch...lol

Beardo

• Bulleteer
Time is bullshit, man....
2000 Bullet 500

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
now what does that mean...money rules man!...lol

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Watches are becoming more of a Hipster fashion accessory rather than something for practical everyday use these days ... but then again you could say the same for Royal Enfields.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
either way I am buying the watch and probably buying another bike. just not sure what bike yet...lol

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Bill maybe you should try something totally different ...like a Ural. You want personality you get it...trust me here's mine.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Watches are becoming more of a Hipster fashion accessory rather than something for practical everyday use these days ... but then again you could say the same for Royal Enfields.
Hmm, around here watches are a more important outlaw biker accessory than an actual motorcycle. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:09:03 am by gizzo »
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Hey Bill - come down to Perth, next Thurs they are launching the new twin ???? you may fancy the chrome GT like me, promise to buy off you ????
Seriously - when they say W.A means Wait Awhile they mean it!!!
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
yeah I wonder will they charge the same price in the western state or bump it up a bit.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
I visited my mate yesterday who's just bought a 650 Interceptor. we went for a bit of a ride and swapped bikes for a bit. I did 30km on his new scooter. It's a very different beast to the CGT, that's for sure. Most things are pretty familiar but it all looks better made and finished. The engine is an eye opener. It's quiet, makes power and is so smooth! Wow. I have a Yamaha TRX850, also a parallel twin, This enfield motor is much smoother than the Yammy. It's going to be a good bike, I think. On the downside, the motor doesn't have much character, if that's important to you. I kind of think it is and is the reason I passed on a BMW F800RS a few years ago.
He's now having to field questions from older gents in the street, just like us!
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E