Author Topic: FULL REVIEW ON THE 650 INTERCEPTOR WITH PHOTOS AND THE HONEYMOON REPORT  (Read 20325 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Well, all the magazine writers and critics said it had to be smooth like a Japanese bike, and have Japanese bike "push a button and ride" convenience, and basically have everything like a Japanese bike.

So, now there is another Japanese bike on the market with a RE badge.
Congratulations.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Better late than never. Royal Enfield should have built this bike in 1968.   ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
So, my question is how different is the Interceptor from a Bonneville? Is the Bonneville "just like a Japanese bike"?  ???

I have a Bonneville and it feels fine to me... I've done some common induction, exhaust, dyno mods...it's definately not a boring bike!  ;)

I will be test riding a CGT twin later this week, and am hoping to get some feel for what the Interceptor will be like.

I am very curious how the air cooled Interceptor compares to the air cooled Bonnie. I will be waiting until May to find out for myself... ::)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
We'll, not my cup of tea, not even a kickstarter, for cryin out loud ::)
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
We'll, not my cup of tea, not even a kickstarter, for cryin out loud ::)

Ironically a kickstart 650 twin probably fires up a lot easier than a 500cc single :D

That said the likelihood of a successful first go kick start has always been inversely proportional to the number of people watching you try :D  Halve that likelihood again if any of the watchers are young cute and female.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
A young, cute female wouldn't know what the f...  you were doing.  Last big group ride I went on with the GT, some seasoned riders there had never seen a bike kick started.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Bullet500Pilot

• Neophyte
Thanks for the review wildbill.  I sure would like the INT650 primarily because of the lower vibration.  I need thick gloves to keep my hands from going numb after 90 miles on the Bullet 500.  My main complaint after 7K miles (2016).
Sure, little things like broken sprockets (my bad, treating it like a car, not a bike--clean and oil the chain after a couple 100 miles on gravel/dirt roads dude!).  Being able to cruise at 70MPH would be nice too.  Maybe another 7K miles and I'll get the INT650.  Love the 65MPG though :)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
nothing really wrong with the bike at all. id say easily enfields best bike yet. if I go back to one ...next time I might try the chrome.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Well, an Indian-dwelling though Vegemite-declining countryman in his YouTube vid-screed claims, "If it ain't chrome...."...Hence, color me 'unsurprised' you'd prefer one. In the meantime, let's shave a new song 'bout it sung by that Good Lady Wife yonder. Email preview to A&M and/or 'Herb', not necessarily 'Alpert', c/o "The Usual Gmale". We're waiting. Film also welcome. Have many drones. If you were in North America, I'd 'chrome you out' in a good way with that '67 Norton Desert Sled and a $35 metal detector in my shoe, Baby.

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
good one...lol I will play about with the cb500x to fill in time as its nearly winter. I will buy again after that and i'd say it will be a chrome interceptor with hopefully a fully functional gas cap!..lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
plus on my profile I have used up all the characters and can no longer add bikes...lol

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
--clean and oil the chain after a couple 100 miles on gravel/dirt roads dude!).

Which is why when I lived an hour out of Moree (which is on the edge of the official "outback" here in Australia) and spent a lot of time on dirt and crossing flooded creeks I did NOT get an adventure tourer but instead went for shaft drive bikes.

You do not need an adventure tourer for gravel roads but a shaft makes life a lot simpler.  Had a GT550 Kawasaki for awhile but it was a bit buzzy so traded up to an XJ900 yamaha. My best friend at the time had a GS850 suzuki. 

Unfortunately mid capacity shaft bikes are becoming a bit of a rarity.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
plus on my profile I have used up all the characters and can no longer add bikes...lol

Unacceptable!  You'll have to start abbreviating... you can remove all the 20's from the years, that will save you a few spaces - remove the year altogether when you've got more than one bike from that year... get creative, we're counting on you!

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
You need to set up s second account then, Wildbill2 and list bikes in it and follow every post you make as Wildbill with Wildbill2. Look on the good side, unlimited bikes as you load up Wildbill2 you can start Wildbill3 and Wildbill4.  ;)
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
I always thought the list was for bikes you currently own. That will save you the need to start another account. I am looking foreward to Wildbill's Continental GT 650 review.
cheers and beers
Warwick
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R