Author Topic: 650 interceptor new channel  (Read 6035 times)

Ergyd

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 05:49:26 pm
That wallaby scared the shit out of me, even after reading the description and knowing it was going to happen!

Looking forward to hearing what little bits you might consider changing/modifying once you've really got to know the bike.

Obviously it isn't a thumper, and you yourself say it's an 'Indian-Japanese' bike, but do you find it lacks any RE character for it?

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 02:07:23 pm
Just caught up with the video's Wildbill.
Blimey that Wallaby nearly wiped you out on your first outing.
Sounds like you're loving the new machine, some great scenery on the outings keep it up.
Johno
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 03:10:04 pm
Great stuff,
I know what you mean about gravel having side swiped a road sign on a 90 deg bend after it was resurfaced. The drongo's who did the work left a pile of gravel in the middle of the lane, I was on a Gl1200 at night so didn't see it, the bike slid sideways into the road sign, luckily at only 10mph so no damage done, at least I spread the gravel so the next unlucky motorcyclist didn't hit the stone pile at speed and come off worse.
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 12:31:49 pm
video on the unusual foot peg position on the interceptor and how you must be pretty carful when coming to a stop

https://youtu.be/mglYXwNyiVM

I'm afraid that footpeg/shifter position would take me a while to get used to being so accustomed to the positioning of the AVL, but it don't matter, do it :) 'cause I don't have one  :)

I'm really impressed with the finish of that bike. It is lightyears better than my AVL was brand new. It looks like a bike that was professionally prepped to be a bike show bike.

The blacked out rims and hubs are making me nuts  :) :) :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.