Author Topic: 650 interceptor new channel  (Read 8493 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 17, 2019, 11:00:14 am
ok guys i am trying  hard to improve my image and do a better job of the presentation of my channel on the upcoming interceptor. i scaped all the other crap from the channel and looking for a nice clean slate
gonna give a good honest review of the bike. no need to subscribe or anything just take a look and see as the video come along and see for yourself. will look at those 13 faults too.

https://youtu.be/KX_iMJ8Uv6Q

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 11:45:25 am
I see you've made some new friends there already!  ;)

Pay no mind, though, they obviously can't read - or can't be bothered to...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 12:05:55 pm
Regarding the hi-def ride video quality - when the bike is moving, the resolution drops dramatically, especially, I think, when you ride quickly between sunlight and shadow.  The wonderful (I'm sure!) scenery becomes a blur, and even the speedometer becomes illegible.  When the bike stops, everything resolves into sharp focus, and looks beautiful!  I'd like to be able to see your whole ride this way.

Any idea of why this is happening?  Is it a function of the camera, or the video processing?  I think if you could sort this out, you'd have much more interest...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 03:57:51 pm
I see you've made some new friends there already!  ;)
Pay no mind, though, they obviously can't read - or can't be bothered to...

That's a (an?) ubiquitous problem these day no matter WHAT the subject is.

PS: Enjoyed his new video. Tried to comment. Couldn't.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 04:09:34 pm
Good work with that channel Wild Bill! I appreciate the time and effort you spend doing it. Looking forward to watching as it grows.   :)

(Warning; constructive criticism ahead!  ::) )
I agree with Mattsz about the resolution or blurriness when in motion, I'm sure it will look a lot better when you clear that up, and although I like the nacelle and speedo in the view, what really looks good to me is to see some of the gas tank, nacelle, and handle bars, which is what I see when actually riding on my bike.

One reason I like to wear a 3/4 helmet, instead of a full face is because I love to see the front of my bike while I ride, and my HJC full face blocks all that. I know that's lame, but it's true! I love to watch RE you tube videos during lunch and break (or whenever the opportunity arises) at work because it feels a little like going for a ride. The more you can capture the way it actually looks to me, when I ride, the more I like it!  8)

I also look forward to seeing how you like your new interceptor! I did put a deposit on a chrome one last night, and was told it will probably be May before it arrives... Now I just have to be patient, LOL!   ;D :o :'(
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 06:43:47 pm
I "liked" the video, #8.

There's a solution for the video resolution. It's money.

Every second of video runs about 30 pictures. The camera, like a computer, takes data processed after the lens, and writes that data to a storage volume in the camera.*  That takes a lot of processing power, especially at a higher res, higher image quality and higher frame rates.
  My first helmet mounted camera was a Kodak PlaySport. Pretty good for my first shoot. On other shoots the image was smearing like an old slit in the curtain still photo camera. It's caused by moving too many pixels into every frame. It's very difficult for these cameras to process that much data.
  *POV HD camera has a breakout box that gives the camera more processing power.
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/v-i-o-pov-hd-review/
ACE Motors - sales & administration

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 11:35:13 pm
i mounted the camera on a camera handle bar camera mount which it appears even with the inbuilt image stabilizer it couldn't really handle it. i really need to improve it in that area so next time what i might is a shoulder type mount and see how that goes.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 02:42:58 am
just got home with the bike after a 7.5 hour trip - video to come

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 12:42:55 pm
bike has arrived -video - https://youtu.be/s91t-WNJe8g

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 02:04:33 pm
Nice, Bill. I can't believe you didn't take out thought...I'd been gone.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 04:32:40 pm
Great video only thing missing is a kick starter. good luck with it.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 04:51:27 pm
Beautiful bike, very Nice!!!  8)

That was a thorough walk around.  Something that caught my attention (3:42) is the left side exhaust pipe, just before the silencer has some interesting shape to it... must have to go around something? The one on the right looked straight... could that be? I would think they would have to be symmetrical to balance the flow?  ???

I think you found your headlight bucket to be plastic too. The Chrome bike has a chrome bucket... I wonder if that's plastic? As for the fenders, my Bonnie has plastic too.  I would have gladly paid more for actual chrome but that was not an option. I may get some aftermarket ones someday...

Nice plug for the C5 too. Those two looked awesome together!  8) 8)

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 09:32:14 pm
Bill, you got me all hot and bothered so I took a drive to the local RE dealer to look at the "Test" unit they should have had...notice "Should have had". We won't get them until may he said. OH WELL I have to scrounge up the money anyway.
2012 Kawasaki Versys

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 10:31:43 pm
Beautiful bike, very Nice!!!  8)

That was a thorough walk around.  Something that caught my attention (3:42) is the left side exhaust pipe, just before the silencer has some interesting shape to it... must have to go around something? The one on the right looked straight... could that be? I would think they would have to be symmetrical to balance the flow?  ???

I think you found your headlight bucket to be plastic too. The Chrome bike has a chrome bucket... I wonder if that's plastic? As for the fenders, my Bonnie has plastic too.  I would have gladly paid more for actual chrome but that was not an option. I may get some aftermarket ones someday...

Nice plug for the C5 too. Those two looked awesome together!  8) 8)

My 2005 Triumph Bonneville also came with a black plastic front fender and a plastic chain guard. I was able to purchase a steel chrome fender and a chrome steel chain guard from Triumph as factory accessories.  So maybe RE will add those things to their after-sales accessory options.  ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 03:36:39 am
just checked my manual and they list a run in period.....

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 12:52:23 pm

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 02:49:35 pm
Nice Bill, that's the review I wanted, a regular guy on the bike not some "Hot Shoe" whining that it doesn't have 6,000 HP and $4,000 worth of trick forks and shocks. It's a low cost bike so it's not going to have all that BUT it sounds like the build it has is just fine for as old guys are concerned. The way you carried on I think you might have found it to be OK  ;) as well and that Sir is a good thing. I dug up my Mayo jar to start stuffing my change in for when they make it to the States (In a year or so  ::) )

Ride safe look forward to Part Two.  :)

Old Coot
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:03:47 pm by The Old Coot »
2012 Kawasaki Versys

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 05:44:24 pm
Great ride review, Bill!
Pretty obvious you like the bike so far. Looking forward to further reviews after you've finished the run-in and had a chance to really shake her down.  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 09:03:12 pm
Oooh, nice ride!  8) I guess if you want a lemon you'll have to paint it yellow! ;D 

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 10:48:12 pm
look guys I have to say I let the bike sit there for 24 hours just wondering or not if i'd be disappointed and I won't stuff you about. what I said was true! up on that first corner I have had to clutch several other bikes from cold to keep then running. its a very rough patch of ground and unsettles the bike some-how- this bike sailed right through it

further on in the video I think I go down from 6th to 2nd or 1st not sure for a left turn- drama free and unreal
there is ONE slight problem and its in video 2 i'd say I will point it out. no real big one but some-thing to be aware of

I've been told the gt version is the better bike to ride too....shit it must be some-thing as this is pretty awesome bike. honestly yesterday I actually forget I was riding a royal enfield

there is absolutely no comparison in any way between it and a c5 -it just beats it in every way except the c5 I think has a bit more character. one looks like a '70's bike and the other a '40's bike so I think they both have there place.

without a doubt the fueling in this bike is the very best I have every experienced in any enfield ride. totally buttery smooth deliver from start up and no hunting about. no surging or shaking. just imagine its as good as a quality new car from a major manufacturer - they must have poured big $$$ in it- great gob

the only person this will disappoint is some-one who maybe had a $30k bike and dropped to $10k and expected better BUT if you go from a c5 to this bike its like some-one gave you a friggin FERRARI...LOL

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 01:24:02 am
test ridden today

https://youtu.be/dWx-d-7K1Z8

Great video! I have never Heard you so happy! I heard you get more and more excited especially after that first left turn when it didn't bog or spit or fart or hesitate, it just went and carried on with it. You sounded more and more happy with every 100 feet more. I laughd my ass off at some of your comments.

Can't wait 'til you can actually run that speedo up a bit.

This video has probably already sold fifty more of these bikes :) :) :) :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 02:00:38 am
From what I've read the run in period is really limited on the speeds your supposed to use.

I can see keeping things very mild and easy for the first couple of hundred miles but they want it to last for almost 1000 miles.

I say, start off easy, without revving the engine for a few hundred miles and then ride it like you would normally ride assuming your not a canyon carver who loves really high speeds.  You know what I mean.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 12:54:08 pm
PART 2

https://youtu.be/6PlPOgQmRqg

Another excellent video and like Dick Whistles the bulk of your comments are on the smoothness and being able to see the mirrors at any RPM. Oh, and stuff not falling off  :) :) :)

Personally, I love the black hubs and rims and the tach and speedo position. If I had the time left and the energy I would strip mine down and have all the front and rear pieces powdercoated black, but I'd lose a whole summer gittener dun :) :)

I still love the nacelle on my AVL, don't get me wrong.

What's the prime reason for that handlebar crossbar? Is it just to mount stuff on?  ???

Thank god it's almost March.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 01:21:21 pm
don't know about that bar support it's not that its strong in any way. you know in that video I was talking about roo's etc and on the way back ...bloody missed one say by a foot.....shit it was close. check above video. happened so fast!

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 02:21:52 pm
Again another great review, even if I did blow coffee out my nose when you started your little 'Parts Walk"  ;D

I'd like to see that 21" run flat if you can get around to it without a lot of trouble.
2012 Kawasaki Versys

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 05:19:48 pm
Beautiful bike, very Nice!!!  8)That was a thorough walk around.  Something that caught my attention (3:42) is the left side exhaust pipe, just before the silencer has some interesting shape to it... must have to go around something? The one on the right looked straight... could that be? I would think they would have to be symmetrical to balance the flow?

After looking at that on all the photos I could find I think the kink in the left pipe is to let the center and side stand boot loop clear.
2012 Kawasaki Versys

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 11:12:29 pm
yeah that's right about the pipe kinks. I tried to post earlier and got two error codes.

I thought that was a bit of a laugh for the Aussies about the 21" run flat spare in the tool box side. I willwrap it up on the 3rd video-should be worth hearing

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 11:28:22 pm
by the way if you happen to go back and look at the last video where I drop from 6th to 2nd gear and turn left and accelerate down the road-the bike makes a very nice sound. very similar or could be cam gear noise. I hear it quite a lot.
almost sounds very similar to the lotus elise I had when I engaged the supercharger. that's roughly the sound. really nice on the ears

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 12:09:22 pm

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: February 23, 2019, 01:57:24 pm
Good video.

Though I will say the reason I personally got an Enfield rather than something actually vintage (I was offered a square four for a similar price I paid for the B5) was I actually prefer not to stop and repair my ride several times a trip  :D

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 12:56:09 pm
thanks and I did an upgrade today and added 150 cc to this video

https://youtu.be/OHJBwlTSi4s

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 09:53:15 am
video of the unusual foot peg location on the interceptor and why you haveto be a bit careful coming to a stop in case you lose you balance and drop it

https://youtu.be/mglYXwNyiVM

robertllr

• Scooter
Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 03:20:19 pm
Seems this YT channel is no longer operating.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 09:49:57 pm
I was hacked a few days ago. plus my bank a/c was hit too. since then I have recovered the money or the bank has. its a wild life with wildbill...lol

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 11:10:04 pm
I was hacked a few days ago. plus my bank a/c was hit too. since then I have recovered the money or the bank has. its a wild life with wildbill...lol

Wow, tough crowd.   >:(  I am happy to hear that you and the bank were able to sort out your account.  Those North Koreans will stop at nothing to get money to keep the palace in caviar.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 12:57:42 am
yep! this is the second time I have had money lifted from my a/c.....lol both times I've been personally contacted by the bank too. although saying that I have been with them since 1980 so I am pretty well known.

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: March 03, 2019, 06:59:34 am
Its a petrol cap! These things happen! Get it fixed (its under warranty) and the enjoy the bike. You have raved about it and it seems like a great bike. In the mean time ride your other Enfield. Seems like a no loss situation to me. You may get an appreciation of a single now you have ridden the twin. For example the low down torque and the vibes. i saw a few ariel singles today and wished my bullet was registered. Long live RE.
Cheers
Warwick
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 01:06:07 pm
could be sold and leaving wednesday