Author Topic: Owners opinion from India  (Read 5154 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 02:51:35 pm
For those of you who haven't seen this already, here's the same guy "jumping" his bike.  Lol!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-EaB6pNOTB1jQDN5BpxKcg
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

ringoism

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 11:51:02 am
I wonder if he washed the bike with a high pressure cleaner. Those things can get water all sorts of places it is not meant to go.

Well, I've lived in India since around 2002 and can't recall ever seeing anyone "wash" a bike WITHOUT a pressure-washer.  Here at least as many bikes reside outdoors as under roofs; if there IS any sort of particular issue I doubt it would be hard to resolve.  My buddy in Delhi bought one a couple months back; Coming from a Triumph Tiger (the full-time kneecap-heaters in Indian summers, the failed starter-motor on a two-year old that would cost hundreds to replace) he quite likes the Twin, I may be doing some adventure rides on the high ranges with him later this year, we'll see how it does out there with the likely deep water crossings, dust, cold, 17,000ft passes, etc... 

ringoism

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 04:18:55 pm
P.S. re: the weak headlight and advice against night touring:  I used ti enjoy driving at night... not anymore.  Because Indians on the whole have never figured out how and when to use low-beams, so at night they spend most of their time driving into the blinding high-beams of oncoming traffic... then ask for more powerful lighting...duh...utter futility.  Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Central American Banana Republics, Philippines, wherever else I've been, they "get" it... but not in India.  The twins' headlamp may or may not be adequate for you, but unless you're actually riding in India, I would completely ignore what this one has to say about it.