Author Topic: Me Too... In Chrome!  (Read 11810 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: May 18, 2019, 07:05:52 am
I inquired about a chrome from the dealer who sold me my old 650. he or the salesman had the hide to say he did me a favor selling me the new release and I kept it one week and sold it...lol
I actually told him it really didn't matter how long I kept the bike ...as long as you the dealer got your money!
so he then said if I want a chrome......it's an August wait for me.
well I won't be buying any more bikes from them and as far as August goes....I doubt it! if I buy it will be well ahead of that date. that I can guarantee!

BRG-BIRD

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: May 18, 2019, 02:33:40 pm
It is an August deliver for us as well for the chrome model here in the US.

Jako

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: May 19, 2019, 11:01:38 am
I inquired about a chrome from the dealer who sold me my old 650. he or the salesman had the hide to say he did me a favor selling me the new release and I kept it one week and sold it...lol
I actually told him it really didn't matter how long I kept the bike ...as long as you the dealer got your money!
so he then said if I want a chrome......it's an August wait for me.
well I won't be buying any more bikes from them and as far as August goes....I doubt it! if I buy it will be well ahead of that date. that I can guarantee!

Wild Bill
 I called into Steel City Motorcycles  in Wollongong  about 2 weeks ago they had chrome Interceptor and GT in stock , might be worth giving Ron a call  0242840800
2020 Rav Red Interceptor (wife's bike) ,Interceptor 2019 bakers express ,  2021 Honda cb500X, 2021  euro4 Himalayan (wife's)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #48 on: May 19, 2019, 07:48:54 pm
Not sure how much demand there is for chrome in Australia...According to the "Tec" guy, he can't sell chrome parts in Europe. Any input on that?  ???

So, I'm thinking the greatest demand for chrome could be in the US. If true, it is ironic that RE shipped out the chrome ones everywhere else in the world first, then told the US (and now everyone else who already recieved thier Twin allotments) "sorry, wait until sometime in August"!  :(

Also, you'd think they would have computers that know how many chrome bikes were pre-ordered in each country, compared to how many chrome bikes they have built, then distribute accordingly.  ???

Instead I see dealers in places like GB advertising chrome intetceptors in their showrooms while those of us with pre-orders (and WildBill) are told to wait all summer.  :P

In the meantime I continue to get along just fine with my Classic Chrome which has much more chrome on it anyway, lol!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:51:45 pm by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #49 on: May 25, 2019, 03:43:04 am
I officially cancelled my pre-order today. No sense letting someone else hold $500.00 of my money until "Sometime in August."   :(

Seattle RE was completely understanding and there are no hard feelings either way.  :)

I'll probably still get one in chrome when more arrive, maybe in 2020, maybe a used one... I'm just not going to keep waiting.  :P

I am putting that money into Bholenath my C5 Chrome, starting (following GHG's advice) with a "Dyno-Jet  Auto Tune" to go with my PC-V.  ::)

This will enable me to dial in my own fuel map now, and after future mods which I intend to do (goodbye dyno fee), and also am tearing into forks to clean out whatever's in there and put some nice oil in. Maybe even get some rear shocks too... 8)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: June 20, 2019, 01:16:22 am
jako
still have not decided which way to go. either I take the plunge and buy the chrome interceptor or throw in the extra and just get the new 2019 triumph street scrambler. might even think ducati scrambler don't know yet all I know I will buy one of the three listed above shortly