Author Topic: Powertronic performance ecu help!  (Read 3478 times)

MADABOUTBIKES

• Neophyte
on: February 16, 2019, 05:10:18 am
hello guys

I am new to the group and exploring stuff

I own a RE GT from about 2 years and I was looking to improve the performance with in a specified budget

I came across powertronic ecu for RE GT just wanted to know if it is better over Power commander, powertronic had good reviews from users back in India and in the sates it cost 280$ looks like a good deal but wanted your opinion

https://powertronicusa.myshopify.com/products/powertronic-royal-enfield-continental-gt

Paul_42

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:25:38 am
Speaking from first hand experience, keep away from it and go PCV.  Powertronics Ecu does work it's just a crap load of headache and the support is dismal. And the Ecu unit is a brick in comparison to the pcv.
Cheers
Paul.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:34:11 am by Paul_42 »

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:49:59 pm
Speaking from first hand experience, keep away from it and go PCV.  Powertronics Ecu does work it's just a crap load of headache and the support is dismal. And the Ecu unit is a brick in comparison to the pcv.
Cheers
Paul.

And here I was thinking I was going to save some money on the Powertronic over the PCV. Scrap that idea. Thanks, Paul
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 05:33:47 am
Performance gains begin with air flow.  Depending on your budget and local regulations, replace the muffler and air box with better flowing units.  Then replace the exhaust pipe with the Hitchcocks 91102 for increased flow.  At this point you have exceeded the Keihn ECU's ability to accommodate the additional fuel required.  If you are limited to butt-tuning, then the Dobeck Performance Electronic Jet Kit is your cheapest solution.  If you don't use a dynamometer, then the DynoJet Power Commander V with Autotune AT-200 is basically your only solution and it's not cheap.

Moving to engine internals, your next step is cams, compression (domed piston) and cylinder head.  Guaire can lead you through the ace.cafe offerings.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Lucas Jackson

• Neophyte
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:50:02 am
hello guys

I am new to the group and exploring stuff

I own a RE GT from about 2 years and I was looking to improve the performance with in a specified budget

I came across powertronic ecu for RE GT just wanted to know if it is better over Power commander, powertronic had good reviews from users back in India and in the sates it cost 280$ looks like a good deal but wanted your opinion

https://powertronicusa.myshopify.com/products/powertronic-royal-enfield-continental-gt
I came across powertronic in a youtube video which made me curious about the ECU. Well as far as my experience goes I have been satisfied with PT, I am using the powertronic on my Himalayan and my brother also has it on his GT.  I could feel the noticeable change in performance and throttle response, overall powertronic works brilliant and the best part was it just took me 20 minutes to install it on my bike. I am not linked to pt in anyway, just wanted to update on my personal experience with this product.

And i was only convinced to buy after reading this review from some customer in usa:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rehimalayanusa/permalink/278835362837612/

Rusted535

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 05:39:52 pm
I saw a great video on resetting the throttle position sensor, when doing things like an exhaust or air filter upgrade, to richen the mix. Instead of using a piggy-back. I'm wondering if there are any negatives to doing that?

Paul_42

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 01:18:18 pm
Too easy mate, that's good to hear.
Cheers
Paul.