Author Topic: Just when I thought I'd seen it all  (Read 1591 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
on: January 14, 2019, 12:11:49 am
Here's a good one. Right up there with the repair manual that uses a potato to help clean the exhaust pipehttps://www.cartoq.com/royal-enfield-classic-350-popcorn-wacky-video/
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 01:46:28 am
Little glitch in the link. Once it loads an address error page, just delete "pipe" or simply click here.

If they just poured some grated cheddar into the gas tank they could enjoy cheesy corn, or better yet, brown sugar and sea salt for caramel kettle corn. Mmmmmmm....kettle corn....with yummy complex hydrocarbons...

On a related note, I was already toying with the idea of rigging up some sort of clamp that'll hold a little form-fitted kettle flush to the exhaust for tea or coffee on the road. Maybe one of those Indian "tiffin" stacking pots lunchpail sets for full-on roadside meals on the move.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:06:58 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 02:08:31 pm
Little glitch in the link. Once it loads an address error page, just delete "pipe" or simply click here.

If they just poured some grated cheddar into the gas tank they could enjoy cheesy corn, or better yet, brown sugar and sea salt for caramel kettle corn. Mmmmmmm....kettle corn....with yummy complex hydrocarbons...

On a related note, I was already toying with the idea of rigging up some sort of clamp that'll hold a little form-fitted kettle flush to the exhaust for tea or coffee on the road. Maybe one of those Indian "tiffin" stacking pots lunchpail sets for full-on roadside meals on the move.

I thought the hot tip was cooking dinner on top of a catalytic converter.  If only the RE's stock baloney pipe was rectangular like the separate catalytic converter box under the engine of my BMW F650GS you could warm up a full meal.  I pity the poor owners of the Himalayan. They will never get a hot dinner to stay on their angled exhaust pipe.  They will have to stick with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.  ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 08:31:22 pm
That reminds me of a time I was working on a drill rig in Colorado. One of the roughnecks wanted some hot dogs for lunch. He stuck the dog on a stick and held it in the exhaust of a diesel salamander heater.  Later in the shift, he said he wasn't feeling well.  When asked what was wrong, he said "I think I had too many Diesel Dogs".

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 08:37:30 pm
Looks like our man forgot the butter. He needs to develop a corn injector and recovery devices.
ACE Motors - sales & administration