Author Topic: UCE Comments  (Read 24121 times)

ace

Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:05 pm
Just piling on but : STUNNING absolutely love the C-5 paint( red and creme for me; but  the other two are appealing too. eh...Personally I love early 50's angled muffler and tip ( always wondered if I could find one for the newer bullets). exhaust and round air filterbox.
i think they hit those '50's styling cues right on the head (paint, exhaust, air filter).Hope the engine isn't too modern.   ::)(?)

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 02:32:51 pm
Just piling on but : STUNNING absolutely love the C-5 paint( red and creme for me; but  the other two are appealing too. eh...Personally I love early 50's angled muffler and tip ( always wondered if I could find one for the newer bullets). exhaust and round air filterbox.
i think they hit those '50's styling cues right on the head (paint, exhaust, air filter).Hope the engine isn't too modern.   ::)(?)

Yes - I like the angled muffler (in the French mag pics), it doesn't look like the UK model comes with it though
http://royal-enfield.com/bullet_classic_500.htm
Cheers
Nick

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 02:01:19 am

Yes - I like the angled muffler (in the French mag pics), it doesn't look like the UK model comes with it though

Our host, Kevin Mahoney of CMW, has noted that the angled muffler will available as an option on the C5.
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 08:33:59 am

Our host, Kevin Mahoney of CMW, has noted that the angled muffler will available as an option on the C5.

Yes - I'm sure there will be plenty of add-ons coming along (I guess they have to get the bike out to the public first). The design looks great, the french bike design pics with the angled/uplifted muffler are more appealing to my eye. Not too long to wait until we get them in the dealers  ;D 
Cheers
Nick

UK-Classics

• Bulleteer
Reply #49 on: January 10, 2009, 01:40:11 pm
Spoke to my local RE dealer in UK today.
Seems there is a bit of a delay with the C5 (classic)

I've modified this post as I've found the info I stated (ref C5  kickstart) from the dealer was wrong.  :-[
I'm sure this info is stated somewhere else in this forum but anyway ...

(from UK importers WS) - C5 now due to get to UK dealers by mid/late Feb - these bikes will not come with a kickstart (I understand the design means it can't be a future add on or mod either) - real shame as the style cries out for it  :-\
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:24:22 am by UK-Classics »
Cheers
Nick