Author Topic: 2019 Royal Enfield Lineup Looksee  (Read 1376 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: December 23, 2018, 05:06:17 pm
I stumbled across this 10 New Royal Enfield Motorcycles Coming in 2019  video on YouTube that might interest folks, if only to see a couple of new color schemes for the 650s that are a bit more inspiring than the two current offerings of "Grandma's '70s Refrigerator Orange" and "Bird Droppings White" and to also have a good look at that V-Twin concept bike.

Sure, the soundtrack is like being on hold with a Urologist's office, but I'm kinda likin' on that Chrome Interceptor, except for that odd padded crosspiece whose main purpose seems to be to block one's view of the speedo and tach. Fortunately, it appears to be a bolt-on snoodlet and easily removed and punted into the hedges. Oddly, I also find that I experience a sense of disgust bordering on rage whenever I spot that blanked off area where the light switch once dwelled. Sure, it made no sense to keep making it if they were only going to bypass the thing, but still...It just seems a now irrevocable concession to the Nanny State bossing us all around. If I want to turn my headlamp on or off, what business is it of some group of meddlesome feebs in some office somewhere in Brussels or wherever that I never voted for? At this rate, soon we'll all be wearing mandatory Nerf suits and the dog'll have a diaper.

But I digress. Guess it's time for my meds...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:13:58 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 10:40:14 pm
Did they run out of chrome for the front fender on the 650? 

The chrome fender on the B5 looks nice, I think they should install in on the 650 version, too.

However, I sure don't see much difference between the 2019 Bullet and my 2011 version.

I wonder which of those bikes Wild Bill will be buying next?   ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:48:06 pm by Richard230 »
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 11:15:45 am
I believe the headlight switch law was instigated by the insurance lobby which thinks if our headlights are on they will have less claims to pay.  ???

Of course, we can't be trusted to turn the switch on ourselves...  :P
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.