aboard

Author Topic: A funny thing happened today  (Read 195 times)

General_Apathy

• Neophyte
on: November 29, 2018, 06:33:47 am
I have been coming under a lot of pressure of late to sell the bike. I work a lot and it's sat doing nothing most of the time and the money could be helpful elsewhere. I also spend a lot of time around sports bikes and sports bike riders and they are constantly chipping in about the lack of power and proffering alternatives. Even though I have done the fast bike thing to death (nearly) I started to doubt my decision to go backwards in bike evolution. And then over the past couple of days spending a few hours fighting with the battery cover lock I remembered exactly why I got the bike in the first place. There is an honest simplicity to the GT. It is exactly what it says it is. It's a bit rough around the edges but then so am I. For some reason this bike has gotten under my skin. I have owned lots of bikes but the ones I remember most are the ones that either nearly killed me or needed lots of fettling. I think the Enfield will be part of that gang, hopefully for lots of fettling. So I have started my winter mods list and the bike is staying right where it is ✌

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:57:35 pm
General_Apathy -- well spoken.  You've voiced the RE feelings many of us have.

It's kinda out-of-date but attached is my C5's farkle list.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version
2012 MG Norge 1200GT 8V roller lifters
2000 BMW R1100RT

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 07:24:52 pm
Very often, money can be used elsewhere but when all is said and done if you look at what spending it on other things like reducing some debt or paying for the monthly phone bill or buying a trinket for a family member you'll look around and say, "Where did it all go?  What do I have to show for it??"

As things stand now, you can look at your motorcycle and know that it is sitting right there before you.
You can admire it, curse it or just stand there and look at it.  It's real and it's yours.

If you keep it, the other bills and things that are often invisible, will get paid somehow and in the end, you will be happy.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

General_Apathy

• Neophyte
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 08:06:20 pm
Very often, money can be used elsewhere but when all is said and done if you look at what spending it on other things like reducing some debt or paying for the monthly phone bill or buying a trinket for a family member you'll look around and say, "Where did it all go?  What do I have to show for it??"

As things stand now, you can look at your motorcycle and know that it is sitting right there before you.
You can admire it, curse it or just stand there and look at it.  It's real and it's yours.

If you keep it, the other bills and things that are often invisible, will get paid somehow and in the end, you will be happy.

I like your approach to life a lot 👍

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 06:12:09 am
Me too.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
Monster
DR250
Honda C90