Author Topic: Battery  (Read 7318 times)

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 09:51:24 pm
you guys are classics :p

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 12:52:16 am
Motobatt ordered...  8)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 05:14:29 am
Doh!  Irrefutable photographic proof that I'm wrong again...  :(

Actually Enfields were pretty popular with the Legions back in the day.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 10:33:42 am
This is the upgraded battery for Royal Enfield from Yuasa Batteries. Faster cranking and stronger fuel pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jd_ys3DoM
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

SimonT

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 08:26:15 am
Battery arrived and installed.... Snug fit indeed.... a mm bigger and it wouldn't fit I reckon!

Thanks Wildbill.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 01:34:57 pm
This is the upgraded battery for Royal Enfield from Yuasa Batteries. Faster cranking and stronger fuel pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jd_ys3DoM

Not to be the turd in the swimming pool, but specifically what is so "upgraded" about this Yuasa battery that appears to be the same as all the other Yuasa batteries that I've put in bikes for many many years?

Just because their ads may say New, Improved, Bigger, Better, Longer, Harder and other superlatives doesn't mean any more than what they put on the cereal boxes.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 01:46:50 pm
          Not to be the turd in the swimming pool, but specifically what is so "upgraded" about this Yuasa battery that appears to be the same as all the other Yuasa batteries that I've put in bikes for many many years?

Just because their ads may say New, Improved, Bigger, Better, Longer, Harder and other superlatives doesn't mean any more than what they put on the cereal boxes.

The battery is the updated model of the Yuasa battery that some people got in their bikes from the factory. mostly the fact that it is maintenance free.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 03:26:27 pm
    The battery is the updated model of the Yuasa battery that some people got in their bikes from the factory. mostly the fact that it is maintenance free.

I'll buy that  :) Are you saying that RE is STILL putting wet lead/acid bat trees in these new bikes  ??? ??? ???

I don't even know what to say about that............it just makes no sense to me as a lot of things do these days.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 06:23:43 pm
           I'll buy that  :) Are you saying that RE is STILL putting wet lead/acid bat trees in these new bikes  ??? ??? ???

I don't even know what to say about that............it just makes no sense to me as a lot of things do these days.

Some do, some don't. Mine had a conventional battery when I purchased it new in April last year. Others have a sealed battery. Luck of the draw, lol.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 11:30:18 am
Not to be the turd in the swimming pool...

tooseevee... you're more like the candy-bar in the swimming pool...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 12:18:38 pm

I have zero clue how to respond to that..... ??? ??? ??? ???

Perhaps we should get back to bat trees??

Or have we just about beat that subject to death?  :) :)

For what it's worth - I'm really happy with my little Motobatt and I've gone through a lot of Yuasas and AutoZone batteries on the way. (Interstates were really good BTW). I'm glad AGMs came around. They are "good things" in this sea of junk and hype and crap and hyper bole we swim in now.

You don't have to mortgage the house for a good bat tree these days. The most important thing is to keep it on a tender ALL the time the bike is idle. A weak bat tree causes a multitude of problems for those who use the electric start all the time.

Are the starter relays any better now? They were absolute crap in the AVLs.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:25:14 pm by tooseevee »

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 02:00:15 pm

Sorry for the serious digression.  I wasn't sure if you'd get the reference... it goes back a ways, but it's pretty low-brow... the film Caddyshack?  A discarded Baby Ruth candy-bar becomes a TLO (turd-like-object) floating in the crowded country-club pool, and panic ensues.  Enter Bill Murry, who casually scoops it up, and... well, it is a candy-bar after all...

One minute and forty-four seconds of childish hilarity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 04:56:47 pm

Sorry for the serious digression.  I wasn't sure if you'd get the reference... it goes back a ways, but it's pretty low-brow... the film Caddyshack?  A discarded Baby Ruth candy-bar becomes a TLO (turd-like-object) floating in the crowded country-club pool, and panic ensues.  Enter Bill Murry, who casually scoops it up, and... well, it is a candy-bar after all...

I get it, but I didn't got it  :) :) (that particular detail). Loved CS, love BM and everything he's ever done or is doing or will continue doing. I go way back a ways also; back to way before the days when SNL was funny.