Author Topic: Firefox Insecure Website Warnings  (Read 1447 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: November 23, 2018, 01:35:55 pm
   This is the 3rd or 4th day now that my Firefox has been refusing to load the ads at the top of the forum page and instead is giving me Insecure Website warnings and telling me that "the owner of refeeder.classicmotorworks.com has configured their website incorrectly".

It doesn't bother me all that much really, but I'm just curious if it's only me.

And yes, I'm perfectly happy with Firefox. Had it for years. Its popup blocker actually works and its other setup configs let me do and not do what *I* want to do and not do so I don't get spam and ads from all over the universe.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:41:06 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:43:43 pm
I am getting similar things with Chrome on my mobile.
I don't get warnings, but the ads don't load.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 01:58:42 pm
I am getting that warning banner at both the top of my screen and at the bottom.  :o It started on Monday, I believe.  ::) I too am surfing with Firefox. Having that message replacing ads is OK with me, but it would be nice to know why I should be concerned that this forum is not secure enough for Firefox.  ???  The message asks that I click on the message link to "learn more".  But I have this aversion to clicking on random links.  ;)  The message says that:  The owner of refeeder.classicmotorworks.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. 

Should I care that my snide and snarky comments might be stolen?   ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 02:40:52 pm
I agree with the part of the warning message that they have configured their website improperly.

They left out the very important Gallery Section!
 >:(
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 02:44:35 pm
The adverts won't load! OK, I can live with that...

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 03:27:22 pm
I am getting that warning banner at both the top of my screen and at the bottom.  :o It started on Monday, I believe.  ::) I too am surfing with Firefox. Having that message replacing ads is OK with me, but it would be nice to know why I should be concerned that this forum is not secure enough for Firefox.  ???  The message asks that I click on the message link to "learn more".  But I have this aversion to clicking on random links.  ;)  The message says that:  The owner of refeeder.classicmotorworks.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. 

Should I care that my snide and snarky comments might be stolen?   ;D

Agree with you and Ace and Adrian and, yes, I tend to NOT click on things 99 out of a 100. Especially emails that want me to click a link and have Very Weird addresses. I just have a natural scam/spam alert sense similar to my Bullshit Meter. At the moment I'm being bombarded by Eastwoods (4 or 5/24 hrs.). They've been going to Junk, unanswered and Deleted now for about a month. They just will not stop.

Just an aside: What pissed me off most about the online catalog was that the friggin' picture of the product overlaid the whole left half of the details page and you could NOT make it go away. I just quit looking after a while. It was not fixed the whole time since the Great Changeover.

And the loss of all those pictures is criminal; especially for the newer guys.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.