Author Topic: Waiting for parts  (Read 4707 times)

Dennisgb

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 11:41:28 pm
Well, if you're tossing those Amals anyhow, you know where to send them.

It came with a single Mikuni when I bought it...so no Amals that I can send you. I've never be partial to the Amals, even the Premiers...I don't like gas all over my engines. I've spent quite a bit of time working with Mikuni flat slides and can get them dialed in quite well with the help of A/F meter and O2 sensor. I plan on setting one up for the RE once the rebuild is complete.

At this point it's sort of become my bad vehicular conscience, and I guess I had no real business looking over that grungy old Sportster for sale nearby last weekend with that Sled still in the shed. Oh man...

This is a disease  :o That's how I ended up buying over 50 bikes in the past 5 years. The Bullet was one that I thought "I shouldn't buy this, but the poor thing needs me." I had just sold my 2008 Triumph Bonneville to make room in the shop to work on the Norton...

I bought a Harley a couple years ago because it was a good deal...never again.

Here it's hiding behind the Norton.  ;D

IMG_0094 by dennisgb, on Flickr

Brakes are Good, Tires are Bare

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 04:24:32 pm
That Harley is a damned sight optically tastier than the crusty weathered specimen I was looking over. That's for sure. What were its issues, I wonder?
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Dennisgb

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 09:53:14 pm
The PO of the Harley had put it down at slow speed and bent the springer fork and other cosmetic damage. It was a pretty decent bike that once I tuned it properly started and ran well. I didn't like the heavy feel and poor balance which seems the same on all Harley's I've ridden.

I got it looking and running nice and sold it. I doubt I will ever buy another one.  ;D

harley by dennisgb, on Flickr
Brakes are Good, Tires are Bare