Author Topic: Classic 650?  (Read 7372 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 10:30:49 pm
I'm pretty sure that low slung motorcycle is a Polaris.

Polaris set up a company in India and was associated with Royal Enfield.  As I understand it, Polaris India and Royal Enfield aren't affiliated any more.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 01:36:00 am
Hi everyone

Just seen the pic of upcoming RE which is going to be shown at 6.11.2018 it's having the same 650 engine as in INT650 and GT650 more like a bobber

The sites with that pic are claiming an 830cc 90HP bobber with a liquid cooled twin ?

https://gaadiwaadi.com/top-5-soon-launching-royal-enfield-motorcycles/

830cc  seems a bit unlikely ... but who knows.  Whatever it is ..its liquid cooled so NOT based on the 650 interceptor.

EDIT: Apparently its a liquid cooled 830 cc Polaris V-twin so the bobber is almost certainly a concept bike for show and what we will end up with is something more in the "main stream mid-life crisis Harley/Triumph cruiser"  vein.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:38:52 am by GlennF »

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 12:39:08 pm
IF we end up with anything at all.  ???
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 01:16:47 pm
I will believe it when I see it. All we know so far is some guff from a manufacturer who's proven they can't deliver what they promise and made up stuff from Indian "journalists" who fabricate, lie and steal to produce "news articles" that say what they think people want to read.
I really don't wish any ill will to RE. But their stalling and teasing tactics are getting boring. Plus, they're taking so long to deliver that their products might not even be in fashion by the time they're released.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 05:25:39 am
I will believe it when I see it. All we know so far is some guff from a manufacturer who's proven they can't deliver what they promise and made up stuff from Indian "journalists" who fabricate, lie and steal to produce "news articles" that say what they think people want to read.
I really don't wish any ill will to RE. But their stalling and teasing tactics are getting boring. Plus, they're taking so long to deliver that their products might not even be in fashion by the time they're released.

Well the V Twin from the photo exists it was unveiled at the show yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipz7NKJq2Ig

However most Indian reports say it at least 12 months away from production probably more.  The Indian market is however a lot more patient than we entitled westerners. UCE bullets had a 12 month waiting list at one point in India. Most western buyers would have cancelled and bought something else.

Whilst the engine exists, it seems unlikely to ever be released in the form of the bobber concept bike created for that show in the video. Among other things the bike seems to have nowhere for a battery or anywhere to mount turn and brake indicators. It would be interesting to know if the show bike even runs.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:30:22 am by GlennF »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 08:45:13 am
Well the V Twin from the photo exists it was unveiled at the show yesterday:

Sure, but prior to that the media was getting itself in a lather telling the world the bike will have this and that, when all they've seen is the same pictures of a sled under a tarp. They just making shit up to make it seem like they have their finger on the pulse and big themselves up. One concept bike is a world away from a production one in RE land. They proved that with the Continental GT, the twin,  Himalayan and I bet this sled, too. Anyway I don't care, I have the Enfield I want, won't be buying any more.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E