Author Topic: New Guy here  (Read 2590 times)

Unlucky_soul

• Scooter
on: October 31, 2018, 03:01:16 pm
Greetings,

New guy here. Been riding cast iron bullets for close to 15 years now. Learnt a lot by sitting and working with local mechs but I know i can learn even more.

Looking forward to this forum and meeting like minded people

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 03:22:22 pm
Welcome aboard! Lots of great folks and solid info here. Surprised you waited 15 years. My 2005 probably wouldn't be running nearly as well without the guidance picked up on this Forum.

Where are you, and got any pix of the ride(s)?
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 08:17:17 pm
Welcome to the forums!
Always something new to learn here.  :)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:46:57 am
Welcome
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

Unlucky_soul

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 04:49:14 pm
Some pics of my bikes

http://imgur.com/nlvVBBG
http://imgur.com/KCeYwVP

I live in Kohima, Nagaland

Good to see you all

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 05:07:48 pm
Holy cow, riding bullets for 15 years in Nagaland, I'm sure we can learn something from you! Do you run into many Diesel bullets?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 10:53:28 pm
That's a hell of a scoot! Get yourself a cowboy hat, fill that little leather bag behind the saddle with some of those local Bhut jolokia  ultra-mega-hot "ghost peppers" of yours, one nibble of which is said to be guaranteed to make you see dead ancestors, and you'd fit right in at the Terlingua Chili Festival in West Texas.

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Unlucky_soul

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 12:43:35 am
Haha ...

AFAIK I am the only guy with a diesel bullet in Nagaland. Got it for 10k rupees(about 150$). Piston n piston rings need to be changed.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:00:38 am by Unlucky_soul »

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 03:26:29 am
Anyone interested in a well put together rundown of various Royal Enfield diesel builds and options would do well to check out Dieselbike.net's Royal Enfield Diesel Motorcycles  website. There's some lovely stuff there.

I'm led to understand from these Forums that there are very few diesels here in the USA, but the German-language Royal Enfield Forum over at www.royal-enfield-forum.de has several owners with such beasts, and they're usually discussed under the "Dieselmotoren" Subsection of their "Royal Enfield pre-unit" area. (Registration and login required for access). Obviously the main language of discussion over there is in German, and it's often a highly colloquial, slangy and obtuse (almost code-like) German at that, which would surely confound Google Translate, but occasionally you do see the odd bits of English. They really know their stuff though, and, like here, they're super friendly. I'll give 'em that. If I had questions about an ailing diesel Enfield, that's where I'd turn.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:32:15 am by Bilgemaster »

Unlucky_soul

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 04:08:16 am
I got an old mech here who works on diesel generators n water pumps. Learnt a lot from him. Maybe once I get time, will post pictures n what repairs I have done. Got it dismantled for cleaning.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 08:19:57 pm
Back in '06 or so there was a number of forum members doing the conversion to either a Lombardini or a Hatz (or similar) air cooled diesel. One guy wanted to do the west coast on one tank of fuel! I think it all ended when they finally rode them and realized what 5 diesel horsepower is like in the real (USA high speed) world.   
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Unlucky_soul

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 01:00:21 pm
Hahaha  ;D

I wonder how long it took them...